No announcement yet.

UT3 Linux Is "Slowly Being Worked On"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah after 2 years that's not possible. After a year it's understandable that some of licenses might give hard time, but not after 2 years. as the UE3 made so much cash...

Comment

Maybe it is just the "Corporate Culture" at Epic taking over, e.g. the same "Corporate Culture" that keeps them from hiring anyone that refuses to work 60+ hours a week without overtime keeps them from paying icculus to finish the port.

Comment

I don't think so, in my opinion, Icculus must have been payed to port UT3 to linux and if that's the case I really don't understand why it's taking so long time to port. He isn't a noob programmer! It will be great if he reappear to give us some updates on the current situation of UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
          I don't think so, in my opinion, Icculus must have been payed to port UT3 to linux and if that's the case I really don't understand why it's taking so long time to port. He isn't a noob programmer! It will be great if he reappear to give us some updates on the current situation of UT3.
          He would have been given a fixed-price contract for the port (most things like this are) thus it is in his interest to finish the initial port as quickly as possible (there would have been some terms & condition w.r.t. support for patches as well)

So basically Epic have been dicking around...
          I am glad I didn't impulse buy U3 when they said there would be a linux client at launch...

With ETQW being a fantastic game (esp now alot of the stats-whores have left), X3 for nice relaxing fighting, HoN (beta) and Postal3 due out this year I shall not be missing Epic

support the companies that do support linux!

Comment

i whish wolfenstein would have a linux client but i think that will never happen... postal 3 is going to have a linux client?
            Last edited by Setlec; 08 August 2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

the only option is to support indies now. Its like walking when your a war amp.

Comment

i whish wolfenstein would have a linux client but i think that will never happen... postal 3 is going to have a linux client?
                the new wolf has been confirmed to not have a linux client
                Rage won't be released with linux support but hasn't been ruled out

yes postal3 is going to have a linux client (that has been the source of all the "ZOMG STEAM ON LINUX!!!!" rumours

Comment

hmmm, well let's hope that more indies companies will support linux. imo, i won't commit the same mistake as i did to buy ut3, i won't buy wolfenstein b4 a possible linux client will be released.

Comment

hmmm, well let's hope that more indies companies will support linux. imo, i won't commit the same mistake as i did to buy ut3, i won't buy wolfenstein b4 a possible linux client will be released.
                    wrong. dont buy it till it comes out.

Comment

it's what I meant, sorry for mis-writing!

Comment

Working...
                      X