Stargate UT3 Hey buddy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSmart
    started a topic Stargate UT3 Hey buddy...

Stargate UT3 Hey buddy...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Sta...Game,8341.html

OpenGL title down on it's luck.

• geamandura
    replied
    @Setlec, UT 3 was not a disappointment for me, actually for me it's very very awesome, just as the first UT was. And I highly doubt the UE 3 is not good, as much as I dislike some practices of Epic and some of them, particularily CliffyB. And then there's Wiederhold's chair story. And Gordon's delay with the Linux port.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    UE3 is not a disappointment as an engine. It's a good engine.

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    @ leilei: nice one! lol

UT3 or UE3 is the biggest disappointment as a game/engine.

Leave a comment:

• leilei
    replied
    UT3 = Unreal Tournament 3

If you want to refer to the engine, you call it UE3 (UnrealEngine 3)

Stargate UT3 is confusing, and makes me think of a UT3 mod featuring Richard Dean Anderson in a Manta pancaking the goa'uld

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by SlickMcRunfast View Post
    Sorry to let you down but there is no mention anywhere about this game using OpenGL. Being that its built with the UT3 Engine I doubt they have an OpenGL client.
    UT3, in and of itself, doesn't preclude an OpenGL client. They HAVE one for Unreal Tech 3- it's just that nobody has released a Linux version thereof yet.

Having said this, it's a lower likelihood- and unless you can chip in a good chunk to salvage the title, you're not going to have enough pull to ensure a Linux client will get released. It's more because you have to be able to salvage the publishing deal than it being UT3 based.

Leave a comment:

• SlickMcRunfast
    replied
    Sorry to let you down but there is no mention anywhere about this game using OpenGL. Being that its built with the UT3 Engine I doubt they have an OpenGL client.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X