Stargate UT3 Hey buddy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargate UT3 Hey buddy...

MGM may pull the Stagate license from publisher Firesky if it doesn't cough up more funds.

OpenGL title down on it's luck.

Sorry to let you down but there is no mention anywhere about this game using OpenGL. Being that its built with the UT3 Engine I doubt they have an OpenGL client.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickMcRunfast View Post
      Sorry to let you down but there is no mention anywhere about this game using OpenGL. Being that its built with the UT3 Engine I doubt they have an OpenGL client.
      UT3, in and of itself, doesn't preclude an OpenGL client. They HAVE one for Unreal Tech 3- it's just that nobody has released a Linux version thereof yet.

Having said this, it's a lower likelihood- and unless you can chip in a good chunk to salvage the title, you're not going to have enough pull to ensure a Linux client will get released. It's more because you have to be able to salvage the publishing deal than it being UT3 based.

Comment

UT3 = Unreal Tournament 3

If you want to refer to the engine, you call it UE3 (UnrealEngine 3)

Stargate UT3 is confusing, and makes me think of a UT3 mod featuring Richard Dean Anderson in a Manta pancaking the goa'uld

Comment

@ leilei: nice one! lol

UT3 or UE3 is the biggest disappointment as a game/engine.

Comment

UE3 is not a disappointment as an engine. It's a good engine.

Comment

@Setlec, UT 3 was not a disappointment for me, actually for me it's very very awesome, just as the first UT was. And I highly doubt the UE 3 is not good, as much as I dislike some practices of Epic and some of them, particularily CliffyB. And then there's Wiederhold's chair story. And Gordon's delay with the Linux port.

Comment

Working...
              X