Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its wonderfull, at last a true native game for linux, I am user linux for a long time about 1996 i guest.
    I am really greatfull if you can brnig me the chance to proob this game, Strategy its mi favourity type.

Thank you

Me, jejeje

Comment

• Would definitely like an invite to check this out. Been a Linux user since 1999, primarily use Linux on my laptop/desktop. While I leave my serious gaming for the console, I would love to have a nice native Linux game to dig into.

Comment

• I have been playing dota for like 3 years now.

PLEASE Hook it up with a beta KeY!!

my e-mail is [email protected]

thank you.

Comment

• WAttupppp!

Comment

• hey man can u give me a beta key i rly wanted to try this game )
            my e-mail is [email protected]

Comment

• Please send me a beta key! darthsteel(at)gmail.com

thanks thanks thanks :P

Comment

• Please, send one to [email protected] if there's an invitation available.

Comment

• can give me a key?
                  my fren's playing =x

Comment

• I hereby do request a beta key.

I have, and do engage in many different appliances on Linux, including casual desktop activities, software-development and gaming. I support Linux and also encourage others to use and support it.

Over the course of the past years, I have played a lot of DotA. However, I kinda ceased to, but not because I got tired of the game, but for other reasons. As I am at it: Whatever you do at S2, deal with the leavers, and similar kind. No matter how good the game is, if 50% of the games are ruined by retards, then you have a serious issue. It is important that leaving is heavily discouraged, and that no third-party tools have to make sure of this, as they will always have a much harder time to judge if one left courteously or without malicious intent than the actual game itself could, provided it featured the appropriate functions and (sub-)systems (A basic idea that could be improved upon (if you plan to provide a matchmaking-service like battle.net), would be to collect stats on "stays", "leaves" and "drops" as well as what kinds of drops occurred when on a timeline; probably a latency map for every user (simply recording overall avg. latency could provide a wrong image if the user plays a lot of games across the globe, for instance), maybe also specifying average spiking, which could indicate an unstable connection if it also occurred in most games with participants close to his location).

I am a gamer and have played many games already; mainly of the strategy, simulation and MMOG type. Regarding Warcraft III, I played many of the games (maps) that were released for it, of course, including the games provided by Blizzard (The "standard" game as well as the campaigns, for the most part) (I hated DotA for a long time, too) and also engaged in mapping (went kinda deep into it at some points (JASS/some vJASS)).

When I saw the Heroes of Newerth Trailer on facebook, I was like: "OMG, in the community they always talked about standalone DotA, and now it actually exists. WTF, cool. XD ". I also like the GFX of the game. From how the game is structured as well as the talk in the trailer ("jungles", "secret shop".. ), I get the feeling that there are people in S2 that are DotA players themselves, which would be a good thing.

As I perceive it, gaming is one of the most problematic obstacles if it comes to the adoption of the operating system in home desktop environments. Not because Linux wouldn't be up to the task but for other, well known reasons.
                    Every step that aids in dissolving this artificial barrier, particularly such an important as a new AAA level game is an important one, especially when viewed in the light of how tough of an obstacle to disintegrate it is.
                    Yes, I do think that, if this obstacle was mostly gone, more and more gamers would flip over, the landslide-way. Things like Photoshop (Which, at least from what I heard, works pretty well on Linux) or DVD-players are punctual issues that can be addressed. However, games are at least as important, as there are a lot of gamers, a not to be underestimated number of them also being IT-savvy people of all kinds, at all types of places and positions throughout society and industry.
                    I am writing this as some people might believe that games and gamers are some niche of freaks. Well, it's at least not a niche.

Well, and, regarding my key - I guess they're off by now, but, whatever. ;p
                    Last edited by Aziroshin; 13 August 2009, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• I would like to request a beta-key for HoN Linux.

I recently just discovered this game. I've paid for Savage 2 and the Penumbra series on Linux and would love to support S2 games once again.

Comment

Working...
                      X