Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to have a beta key. I've played quite a bit of Savage 2 and love S2's games! Also, phoronix rocks and I always look forward to check your rss feed every day.

Comment

• Well, if you can get more, I'd like to have one key.
      We don't have many opportunities to play native games in Linux (I mean, big games) and that's a fortunate exception.

Just a suggestion. As you in Phoronix have a relation with the developers, I'd like to know their thoughts about gaming development in Linux compared to Windows, because probably a reason for the lack of good games in Linux is that it's much more difficult to develop for it given the possibilities that one has to take into account, specially with the different audio stacks and driver bugs.

Comment

• Looks good. Can I have a key too?

Latest game I played natively on Linux was the Penumbra collection. Not a bad game, but there were some glitches and rendering artifacts.
        It will be interesting to check it out

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDwarf View Post
          If the mesa devs want keys, just have them email slacker. Getting it into the hands of the developers who work on a platform you want to run on can only be a good thing .

From what I've seen, the white is just Mesa's shader compiler not liking the shaders in the game (preprocessor issues if I remember correctly). For what it is worth, ATI + OS X 10.4 also has issues with the shaders, but unlike Mesa's shader compiler, it doesn't throw any errors.
          That's great! I filed a bug report with a link back to your post.

Comment

• I'm not requesting a key, as I currently doesn't have a gamer machine. But I'd like to salute the linux support. With new titles and AMD open source 3D graphics drivers coming, maybe things are finally happening on the linux gaming scene.

Comment

• I have two invites. PM me your email - I will send it

Comment

• Sorry for any confusion, we still have plenty of keys left. Just sent out some more keys to the latest people requesting them.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Ok, I will look who request and send it

edit: sent PM to Peterix and getaceres
                  Last edited by skkayman; 22 July 2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• I don't need a beta key as I already have one for a few weeks. Just wanted to say that S2Games really know how to program and support a game for the Linux platform. The game client is already very well polished, compared to some other games around and as I also like DotA, this game is simply amazing.

Just a hint for newcomers, try joining noob servers at all cost before running into trouble with stupid ignorant players on regular servers...

Comment

• I'm already playing DoTA with wine... Let me in with a beta key !

Comment

Working...
                      X