Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm quite busy, so I don't have time to test the game thus I don't want a key; however I'dd like to say that I appreciate your interest in Linux gaming and when the time comes I'm going to vote for it with my wallet.
    PS. I love dota (hate the community though).

Comment

• I'd like a beta key please, just so we can show to someone that there are people gaming on Linux too. It's high time developers and publishers start paying more attention to us. Of course, the fact that I like DOTA is also an important factor.

Comment

• I would very much like a beta key! What a great company for supporting Linux gaming (I for one have long grown sick of being tied down to this DirectX/Microsoft monopoly).

Comment

• I would like a beta key for this - I would love to move more and more of my gaming over to Linux-based - I only have 1 Windows box left in my whole house (including my sons and wife's computers), and it is expressly for the purpose of gaming. With a viable RTS for Linux (especially after the CNC4 always-online-even-for-single-player fiasco got revealed), that is that much less time that I would have to be on Windows, and be that much more ammunition to convince my friends/family/LAN-gaming-buddies that Linux really is the way forward.

Thanks!

Comment

• I humbly request a beta key, for epic Linux winnage.

Comment

• Beta Key

I would like to request a Beta Key.
              I don't just love Linux for it's superiority and ease of use but also for what it stands for in this world of celebrity politics and Wal-Mart Armies. I believe that S2 games understands that, and me. And that's why I want to support them. Thanks.

Comment

• I've just finished building my new computer, and I would love to try out some gaming in Linux on it! A beta key would be much appreciated. I've been wanting to see gaming on Linux get more popular for years.

Comment

• Hi, I sure want to test out a rpg linux game !
                  Since i switched to linux i'm looking for linux games. I have been in a lot of beta tests before, so if there is any chance to obtain a key, i'm willing to take it !

Comment

• While I may not be as active as other forum members, I would love the opportunity to test this game. If you need someone with testing experience, in the past I was a beta-tester for CodeWeavers CrossOver Office and CrossOver Games suites, and I briefly tested for Cedega. I'm willing to help the Linux games community in any way I can.

Comment

• Beta key please I guess, I'll try it out...

So here goes my essay. Linux is teh future. Linux users won't be, at least for now, so much counted in brick and mortar stores though. The thing about Linux is that it is largely the new generation of computer users that are adopting it. It's the community/facebook/YouTube/etc computer users. Older users may still try to go to brick and mortar stores and purchase things that way, and eventually there will be more pre-installed Linux computers for them to choose from as stores begin catering to the newer generations, as well as for the practical selling points of Linux. New generation users however will be all about on-line purchases and downloads, so companies will only really see this register when they examine the number of downloads and sales figures. This is why giving Linux a chance to register is important. It already has, as been noted on Phoronix and other places, but good, high quality games really need to be made available for Linux for the community to assign the "Linux is for gaming" tag to it as well as to aid in adoption. I thank S2 games for helping with one part of the equation. While both regular and commercial open source offerings will continue to compete with commercial closed source offerings, all are definitely still relevant today.

Linux offers you a completely free platform to use, something which is attractive for everyone. Please, though, make your needs as developers apparent to the Linux community (including individuals, groups and organizations, and companies), because help is needed in establishing good standards and APIs for Linux (packaging being one of the big annoyances for me, but at least there are several good binary installation systems out there even if it isn't the ideal solution) not to mention more developer tools (even though developer tools are ingrained into Linux, I think more high level tools are probably needed).

In closing I'd like to say that Linux badly needs lots of genres of games on it still, so there is certainly a lot of room for competition. Find a good niche, or gaming itch I should say, and scratch it.
                      Last edited by Yfrwlf; 24 July 2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X