Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really looking forward to getting a beta key, thank to S2 for providing us with a chance!

Comment

• This really opens a lot of new doors for Linux! A key would be really nice.

Comment

• I'd like to grab a beta key, I currently already play Savage 2 so I know S2 games rocks!

Comment

• More keys sent out.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Another Linux gamer interested in βtest reporting, sir!

First of all, I'd like to thank very much to every game developer who takes Linux gaming seriously and doesn't treat it's users like 2nd class customers, so "THANKS A MILLION, S2 GAMES!".

I don't think Linux really sucks that much as far as gaming is concerned, but there's definitely still more than enough work left to be done in order to polish some really rough edges - there seem to be much duplicated efforts in providing standardized interface(s) for accessing stuff relevant to video game development.
            I believe a major progress could be made by talking directly to the guys who actually write games and creating a library exposing all required functionality according to their needs, suggestions and comments based on practical experience with game development instead of blindly dictating some API based on our own ignorant assumptions of how a good one's supposed to look or work while completely ignoring if it's really gonna be anywhere near as convenient to use as we designed it to be.
            Anyway, I honestly believe that despite the fact that developing a good Linux game may take quite a bit of effort at the moment, it's certainly gonna pay off to anyone willing to do it, because there must be many other guys like me, who won't hesitate a second to appreciate the hard work of a guy who treats them with same respect as any other gamers.
            That said, I don't see many gamers using less common platforms who are frustrated by being continously ignored to ever steal any game they consider to be worth their hard-earned money even if it was absolutely unprotected, simpy because that would mean pissing off the guy who did so much just to show good faith; on the contrary - I think everyone involved in this β program who likes the game won't hesitate to purchase the final version in order to make sure more good stuff keeps coming, because if this Linux release is a success, this will most likely not be the last S2 game not to mention someone else may finally notice that Linux gaming community is not to be taken lightly anymore.

So, here goes my 3 cents and if you have one more key to spare, I'll be more than happy to give it a shot

Comment

• dota like game + linux ... hand out the key i wana try

Comment

• Please send me a key. Thanks in advance

Comment

• I would be glad to test it TIA

Comment

• Oooh. I could really do with a brand new release that stands a chance of maxing out my newly built computer so giving me a beta would sorely tempt me to buy! I've already taken advantage of a recent promo for the penumbra collection this weekend, but I have plenty of spare pounds lying about still for games

I've been a little pessimistic about the state of Linux gaming lately, what with ID latest game not having a Linux version and UT3 taking FOREVER to come out! So this would cheer me up, too, and dare to dream of a world where Wine and Cedega are not needed for games.

Comment

• By the faster pace of DRI and KMS development, I think a predictable bright future of Linux graphics system is lying not far ahead. although much work needs to be done, these days I've been experiencing some dramatic changes it brought. Now it comes more and more Linux native games, that's wonderful! I wanna give it a try!

And by the way, what about the hardware requirement? And does it support x86_64?

Comment

Working...
                      X