Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would LOVE to beta-test this game. I'm an old fan of Icefrog's DotA and a big reader of Phoronix! Thanks in advance

Comment

• A game for linux? Yes please! We have far too few of these. There are some great linux games out there (Penumbra, Battle for wesnoth, nexuiz, tremulous and ioquake come immediately to mind) but in the larger scheme of things, us linux users are treated like second-class citizens, which causes me no end of annoyance. Sure, you can use Wine to play some of the Windows games, but some games (America's army, alpha centauri to name just two) don't play nicely (pun intended) under this arrangement.

Sure, it can be (and often is) argued that the linux user base is too little for game developers to profitably create linux versions of their games, but to me that's somewhat circular reasoning...after all, if there were (largely) a one-to-one correspondence between software available for linux and for the "other" OS (Windows), there is no reason that linux cannot become just as popular...hell, it's even free!

Ok, i'll get off my soapbox now

I would like to request a key for Heroes of Newerth.

My system setup is as follows:

Distro : Gentoo Linux
      Kernel: 2.6.27
      Video card: Geforce 8800m GTX
      Video driver: nVidia Linux 180.29 (yes, i need to update)

I won't be able to play too much during the workweek because of a very demanding job, but weekends are game time!
      Last edited by beast.in.black; 29 July 2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• I would love to pick up a key as well, been using Ubuntu for a few years now and switching to Backtrack now that it is Debian based on my laptop. Only other native linux game that I have had a chance to try was never winter nights . Can't wait to see more.

Comment

• Phoromix i only request a small key to beta test your new linux game.

Thankyou in advance.

Comment

• Can I please have a key? I would really love to try out this game. It's going to be awesome

Thanks

Comment

• A game with a native linux client? Awesome, I am all for it.

Been fiddling around with a shell script to play Lord of the Rings Online using wine and it's all good and well, but native support is of course far superior.

Please consider my request to become part of the beta test to evaluate this.

Best regards,
              SNy
              --
              LOTRO on Linux! - http://bmx-chemnitz.de/~mfr/LOTRO/

Comment

• I'm posting here again so that my efforts won't go unnoticed .
                I had previously asked for a key (http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...postcount=1000 and http://phoronix.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=442).

I'd like also to add that from time to time I like to contribute to the linux gaming community, and every once in a while I post some test data at Wine's AppDB. While Wine is a nice project, I'd like to see this situation change, and support companies which develop native linux games. That's it. Thanks.

Comment

• I would be very grateful for the key as well. I will be very happy to participate in the beta and help test the game. Thank you.

Comment

• If there is still one key lost or free somewhere, I'd love to test the game.

Thanks

Comment

• I would like to request a beta key if I'm not too late already

Comment

Working...
                      X