No announcement yet.

iD bought by ZeniMax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it means Bethesda can use idTech and stop paying for Gamebryo, this might be a major step up for Elder Scrolls. Then again, I still feel that Morrowind was much better than Oblivion and Oblivion With Guns.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      @Raven3x7

Don't even talk about bugs please. When I play Fallout 3 it sometimes returns to desktop few times per hour. Oblivion doesn't even start (some people recommend fresh xp install especially for it xd)! Bethesda makes the most buggy games... Fallout 3 interface reminds me consoles and each B game is more simplified then previous one (when comes to their fantasy titles and RPG system) which is console like behavior. NWN2 is definitely more ambitious then ES3 - wonderful D&D. However it sometimes reminds me hack and slash Btw. ES3, ES4 and F3 are great games in my opinion.
      Are you seriously expecting depth and substance from a company owned by Jerry Bruckheimer?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
        Are you seriously expecting depth and substance from a company owned by Jerry Bruckheimer?
        I do not know the guy

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
          I do not know the guy
          He's the brain trust behind CSI, CSI: New York, and CSI: Miami. Long running American television shows that are known for a lack of depth and substance. Movies he's produced have also been known for being shallow and lacking of any substance.

If you need a picture of all that is soulless and wrong with producers, he is your man. And now his game publishing company owns id software.

Comment

Where do you get that jerry bruckheimer owns Zenimax? I can't find any info about that.

Comment

I don't think he owns it, but he's on the board of directors. The board pretty well screams "entertainment industry" (the CEOs of CBS and MGM are on it as well), which honestly makes me wonder if the main point was to somehow secure movie/TV rights for future id games.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                He's the brain trust behind CSI, CSI: New York, and CSI: Miami. Long running American television shows that are known for a lack of depth and substance. Movies he's produced have also been known for being shallow and lacking of any substance.

If you need a picture of all that is soulless and wrong with producers, he is your man. And now his game publishing company owns id software.
                while he has worked on alot of aweful stuff, he's actually worked on some very good movies as well.

sad as it is to say, i think he understand consumers - and as awefull as i think CSI and all the spinnoffs have become, they've always done pretty well in ratings.

all that aside - anyone claiming the Elderscrolls series as a whole is lacking in depth and substance is crazy.. at least in my opinion.

Comment

Morrowind is good, the rest not so much with Oblivion falling out of the scale at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                    Morrowind is good, the rest not so much with Oblivion falling out of the scale at the bottom.
                    i definately think morrowind was the best, and though i don't really like the whole level scaling direction they went with oblivion, i still think it is a good game.

Comment

The level-with-you is one problem, the cranked up combat system another. In Morrowind you could actually pull off different attacks ( stab, slash in two ways ) and it had an influence ( stab with speer is great, slash with speer is weak ). In Oblivion is like rolling a D20 with 20 being the only value where you actually do what you want it to do :/

Comment

Working...
                      X