Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Arena 2009 Brings New Gaming Improvements

Phoronix: Alien Arena 2009 Brings New Gaming Improvements

Back in October we reported on the release of Alien Arena 2008, which brought several graphical improvements, such as GLSL enhancements, parallax mapping, and new shaders. The developers behind Alien Arena and its Quake 2 derived engine had not stopped there, but they immediately began work on Alien Arena 2009. Now just a mere six months later, we have Alien Arena 2009 and it brings more graphics improvements along with many other technical improvements and new game content.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's up with the blue/yellow/etc bars along the right side of the screenshots?

Comment

I think it's his desktop background, looks like the screen size being set less than 100% is allowing some bleed through.

That option probably should have been removed, just an oversight.
      Last edited by Irritant; 23 June 2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Looks good!

Just wish they'd open source the art assets, too. Still, getting the code is better than nothing, although I do wonder if they would have given us that if they hadn't been forced by ID's original code being GPL.

Comment

Looks very nice indeed! I really think they should replace those ugly aliens with some more charismatic character though... but maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by korpenkraxar View Post
            Looks very nice indeed! I really think they should replace those ugly aliens with some more charismatic character though... but maybe that's just me.

It's Alien Arena man. It wouldn't be that with no aliens. I personally like that 50's retro future vibe and I hope they develop the theme further in latter installments. Fallout (the original, not the horrible Bethesda sequel) could be an inspiration . I like that some of the bots are named after old school Godzilla monsters .

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
              It's Alien Arena man. It wouldn't be that with no aliens. I personally like that 50's retro future vibe and I hope they develop the theme further in latter installments. Fallout (the original, not the horrible Bethesda sequel) could be an inspiration . I like that some of the bots are named after old school Godzilla monsters .
              You're really going to like the new level I'm working on then. It's creepy...and very retro-alien-sci-fi-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                Really? Gojira names? Like which?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  E.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                    Hedorah, Mothra, Mogera, Ghidorah, Destoroyah...plus Gamara

Comment

Working...
                    X