Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve To Launch Native Linux Game In July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin View Post
    Right...or someone working at Valve doesn't know which platforms they support.
    That could very much be the case. Remember EA customer support didn't know MoH:AA was available on Linux either.

Comment

This is blown ridiculously out of proportion. This is someone that was copying and pasting carelessly, that's all.

Comment

Ohnoz, Phoronix is doing it again! I so have a bad feeling about this not coming for steam at all.

Comment

I still do not believe that Steam will come to Linux. Phoronix saying so doesn't bother me at all (sorry guys, you have no credit here). Svartalf did suggest something along those lines as well and that does bother me though...

Comment

Hmpf... when will people learn. Yes it will have a Linux version. And no it will be not a "client" but a "server" version. It's the same old story.

EDIT: And you know also why this won't happen any time in the future? Steam is based exclusively on Windows technology ( IE and many others ). Can't be ported like that. They would have to totally rewrite it from scratch. Ain't gonna happen.
            Last edited by Dragonlord; 19 June 2009, 04:09 AM.

Comment

TBH, I don't want Steam or Steam dependent games on Linux.

I got bitten with HL2 - getting it installed and running is too dependant on things that are out of my control and the willingness of Valve to keep the HL2 authentication/decryption service running.

Comment

Screenshot as png :P

I'd have loved if Phoronix saved their Steam screenshot from the news page as png, not jpeg. Maybe smaller file size, no quality loss for this kind of image

Comment

Originally posted by geamandura View Post
                  I'd have loved if Phoronix saved their Steam screenshot from the news page as png, not jpeg. Maybe smaller file size, no quality loss for this kind of image
                  Dude, seriously...

Comment

Man I love Phoronix's optimism when it comes to the possibility of new games on Linux. History has shown, however, that a healthy diet of skeptisism and pragmatism prevents a great deal of disappoint not to mention financial loss *cough*UT3*cough* if you're a gamer and a fan of Linux. Like all game related news on Phoronix, I'll believe it when I see it tatooed on my hard drive's raw, cold, bare metal, ext3-based buttocks.

Comment

Why is it only gay star trek nerd games come to Linux.

I want to shoot bitches with a sawed off 12-gauge and see the blood!!!! not some retarded ET from Mars

Comment

Working...
                      X