Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve To Launch Native Linux Game In July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

404, im saying you arrived at the wrong forums AND to comply with a general 404; incorrect url is my example. you get a 2 for 1 deal which i think i made far too complicated for you .

You asked before if we could provide proof that we have these problems. Lets be honest for a second - If we didn't have these issues we wouldn't have much to bitch about would we? I dont wake up one day and decide that I hate something arbitrarily.

Now as for the zealot/religion bullshit, you will find those people in the open source ATI/Nvidia driver forums . I dont give a rat if its closed source and neither do 80% of the people here.

I ask you. Name me off some of steams flaws. Not about the source model or business practices because thats open to personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      404, im saying you arrived at the wrong forums AND to comply with a general 404; incorrect url is my example. you get a 2 for 1 deal which i think i made far too complicated for you .
      Are you trying to tell me i should be at another forums? Otherwise your not making much sense. (English not your native language?)

You asked before if we could provide proof that we have these problems. Lets be honest for a second - If we didn't have these issues we wouldn't have much to bitch about would we? I dont wake up one day and decide that I hate something arbitrarily.
      What? If someone asks you for proof of something you just look around and say "a couple others are bitching so its true"?

Whats really going on is up until about a year ago the offline mode has been pretty shitty and spotty at best. Now that its working pretty well people refuse to try it again and keep harping on that excuse to bash steam.

Just google "steam offline mode problems" youll see a ton of results from around 2005 a smattering in between then and 2008 then virtually nothing.

But hey between screenshots and google i have stated my claim and at least tried to back it up. Meanwhile all you guys having these horrible issues cant even produce a simple screenshot. Even though if the offline mode was so horrible and really didnt work for you it would be a matter of seconds to do so.

So what else am i to assume when people make claims that would be so trivial to backup yet after repeatedly asking for them to back them up they just keep on with the "because i said so" routine?

Now as for the zealot/religion bullshit, you will find those people in the open source ATI/Nvidia driver forums . I dont give a rat if its closed source and neither do 80% of the people here.
      No, its going on right here. Ignoring the truth and lying about something to further a smear campaign without even bothering to back up your claims and ignoring facts that refute them is zealotry at its finest.

I ask you. Name me off some of steams flaws. Not about the source model or business practices because thats open to personal opinion.
      Ugly UI for one (Am i the only one that notices the default UI for steam and phoronix are the same?). Price of older games is usually too high.

Comment

Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
        Are you trying to tell me i should be at another forums? Otherwise your not making much sense. (English not your native language?)
        English is infact my native language and you sir are correct. Finally.

What? If someone asks you for proof of something you just look around and say "a couple others are bitching so its true"?
        What you are asking if for us to reproduce errors when we dont care enough to install the program. Not only that but steam isn't native on linux and you are looking at what is a primarily linux forums.

Whats really going on is up until about a year ago the offline mode has been pretty shitty and spotty at best. Now that its working pretty well people refuse to try it again and keep harping on that excuse to bash steam.
        I never had the offline problem, so I cant comment on that. I usually only used steam for online games so I never actually used offline mode.

But hey between screenshots and google i have stated my claim and at least tried to back it up. Meanwhile all you guys having these horrible issues cant even produce a simple screenshot. Even though if the offline mode was so horrible and really didnt work for you it would be a matter of seconds to do so.
        As previously stated. We dont care enough to install steam. On our fault we should be listing the dates our problems occurred. The problems for me have occurred little more than 2 months ago, although they prove very little by installing steam over wine.

No, its going on right here. Ignoring the truth and lying about something to further a smear campaign without even bothering to back up your claims and ignoring facts that refute them is zealotry at its finest.
        Saying we are lier's without providing proof these things DONT occur doesn't make you much better. The onus is on us to provide examples. I suggest you ask around on the steam forums because they might actually have the thing installed. I dont go out to hurt steam reputation, it does a fine enough job on its own.

Ugly UI for one (Am i the only one that notices the default UI for steam and phoronix are the same?). Price of older games is usually too high.
        Oh lord is that the best you can come up with. Fanboy thinking at its best. You just said 2 things that not only could be changed but base entirely on personal preference.

Oh and heres your frigin screenshot. You made me boot into winshit for this so i hope ur happy. What you are looking at it a win7 install with a clearly connected network and steam not connecting. Sure, thats fine if you like offline mode. I use it for Counterstrike which is basically online only. Looks like for me, Steam sucks. And before you say its my ports or shit like that be aware that it works SOME of the time.

Go figure.

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting this topic but is there any news about this linux port of steam from Valve? Mr. Larabel, could you give us any news about this?

Thank you!

@L33F3R: i run steam on CrossOver, the free edition, from last year it run pretty fine even better than wine, i'm not sure why but i can't get it work on wine.

Again sorry for resurrecting this topic.

Cheers

Comment

Valve To Launch Native Linux Game In July

i think valve got beat at the realistic war thing to it so they just decided to forge ahead with an updated version of the original team fortress.

Comment

Thinking about it it's pretty funny how Michael never fails to mention how UT3 is not yet released, but never loses a single word about the "confirmed" steam-client. :P

Comment

Working...
              X