Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam On Linux Use Ticked Higher In May, 25% Of Linux Gamers Are Using The Steam Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam On Linux Use Ticked Higher In May, 25% Of Linux Gamers Are Using The Steam Deck

Phoronix: Steam On Linux Use Ticked Higher In May, 25% Of Linux Gamers Are Using The Steam Deck

Valve just published the Steam Survey results for May 2023 and on a percentage basis show the Steam on Linux marketshare growing ever so slightly...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

[insert comment about never seeing the survey on linux]

Comment

Valve please offer more form factors not everyone want a steam deck

make a Valve steam gaming Smartphone

a Valve steam Gaming notebook/laptop

a Valve steam Gaming Desktop

a Valve gaming console like device

Valve should even consider to release a Valve NAS and or Server

and please Valve accept that some people like me would never buy a VR game and are still traditional gamers
      this means please rerelease half-life alyx as a non-VR game version. i know there are mods for this but i mean a official version.

now you say the steam box in the past failed this means this form factor is death...

i have different opinion why the first steambox failed it was a """""INTEL CPU""""""" and """""Nvidia GPU""""""
      and the shity OS was Ubundu based.... and OpenGL and native ports ruined the game

i bougt the first steambox controller but i would never buy a system with Nvidia GPU or Intel CPU and of course ubuntu is shit.

now with proton and ACO and AMD hardware it could be a success.

for a Valve steam Gaming notebook/laptop and Desktop​ Valve should consider the ryzen 7800X3D cpu for the best gaming performance. even on a notebook the 7800X3D would easily be the best performance per watt gaming cpu...

of course this cpu costs € 465​ .... but its worth it.

for the desktop PC put in a RX 7900 XTX and for the notebook put in a RX 7600 gpu​
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I'm probably misunderstanding, but does this mean that about 25% of Steam Linux users have transitioned to the Steam Deck?

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

and please Valve accept that some people like me would never buy a VR game and are still traditional gamers
          this means please rerelease half-life alyx as a non-VR game version. i know there are mods for this but i mean a official version.

now you say the steam box in the past failed this means this form factor is death...

i have different opinion why the first steambox failed it was a """""INTEL CPU""""""" and """""Nvidia GPU""""""
          and the shity OS was Ubundu based.... and OpenGL and native ports ruined the game

i bougt the first steambox controller but i would never buy a system with Nvidia GPU or Intel CPU and of course ubuntu is shit.

for a Valve steam Gaming notebook/laptop and Desktop​ Valve should consider the ryzen 7800X3D cpu for the best gaming performance. even on a notebook the 7800X3D would easily be the best performance per watt gaming cpu...

for the desktop PC put in a RX 7900 XTX and for the notebook put in a RX 7600 gpu​
          In my case, i only want a Valve blessed release of SteamOS.

i will take care of the hardware and yes, please keep it AMD only.

Comment

Valve should even consider to release a Valve NAS and or Server​
            I have a Valve Steam refrigerator and a Valve Steam clothes washing machine. I'm surprised you don't have those already.

And my Valve Steam solar panels charge up my Valve Steam car every day. So that I can drive to the store and buy Valve Steam kitty litter for my Valve Steam cat.

Comment

I guess Steam Valves are everywhere..

Comment

I don't see the point, those things can already run Linux and Steam. No need for valve to make locked down versions

Comment

This is an absolutely terrible idea. All of these markets are already fully saturated. This would accomplish nothing except maybe put Valve out of business

Comment

as long as we post wishes...

Make portal 2 available on gog, i would like to play it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X