Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutris 0.5.13 Released - More Responsive & Restores Ability To Run Games Via Proton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutris 0.5.13 Released - More Responsive & Restores Ability To Run Games Via Proton

Phoronix: Lutris 0.5.13 Released - More Responsive & Restores Ability To Run Games Via Proton

Lutris 0.5.13 is now available as the newest feature release for this open-source game manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Battle.net integration?! So I could install a game from Battle.net without running Battle.net client in a window? Wow, that would be amazing!

Comment

Be cool if Lutris used legendary and non windows tools to install and manage certain apps.
      For example to install gog games it wants GOG Galaxy 2 Windows installed.... But it could do all that by simple CLI API's.
      Heroic Launcher shows how to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        Be cool if Lutris used legendary and non windows tools to install and manage certain apps.
        For example to install gog games it wants GOG Galaxy 2 Windows installed.... But it could do all that by simple CLI API's.
        Heroic Launcher shows how to do it right.
        What are you talking about? Lutris hits the GOG CDN directly and uses scripts from Lutris.net or an autogenerated one to decide how to install it. Yes Heroic does it better by acting like the Galaxy clientbut Lutris has never had hooks for the GOG Galaxy 2 client. What it does have hooks for are Epic, Origin, and Ubisoft Connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

What are you talking about? Lutris hits the GOG CDN directly and uses scripts from Lutris.net or an autogenerated one to decide how to install it. Yes Heroic does it better by acting like the Galaxy clientbut Lutris has never had hooks for the GOG Galaxy 2 client. What it does have hooks for are Epic, Origin, and Ubisoft Connect.
          I never use to, it use to download Galaxy unless your talking about native Linux games, that is different. Also there is a CLI API for EPIC and I think one for Origin but I can't be sure.

Comment

Origin has otools, but that doesn't do more than downloading games. It does notinstall them and doesn't run them, you still need the origin app.
            Also origin is being replaced by the ea desktop app, so things might change even more in the background. Consider it unsupported

Comment

Working...
            X