Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Wasn't it absorbed in DXVK?

As for D8VK, nice news. Hope for older versions too, not so much for performance but for compatibility in the future.
    Yeah is a big step for old games and win in most test vs wined3d and d3d8to9

In my tests run very well

Respect older version them stay working on this

and have avalaible artifacts too here

but dont work in my case, i try testing eracer from rage software and divine divinity

Last edited by pinguinpc; 10 May 2023, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Oh boy! I hope this works in Final Fantasy 11 Gonna be cool to check out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

1500 or 1800 fps, does it even matter? If you want it, run them yourselves. There are better things to waste your time on.
        That's an additional hour of battery life on the Steam Deck
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

That's an additional hour of battery life on the Steam Deck
          Enable VSYNC and the difference will be 5 seconds of battery life over the course of 5 hours of play.

Comment

Fingers crossed for D7VK at some point - which should open up modding possibilities for Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII PC

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
              Fingers crossed for D7VK at some point - which should open up modding possibilities for Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII PC
              Caught myself rummaging around for the old FFVIII CD's a couple weeks ago.

Remember the old TNT fix it used to ship with?
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Enable VSYNC and the difference will be 5 seconds of battery life over the course of 5 hours of play.
                No, it won't. If a driver is much faster it will still consume way less power when you cap the framerate.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
                  If this can fix the shadow buffers issue with non period correct nvidia or amd cards for splinter cell games then it is a must have for me.
                  I have mixed experience with this, for some reason I cannot get shadow buffers to work in Splinter Cell either with d8vk nor with dgVoodo2 (only projector shadows work) but for Pandora Tomorrow d8vk worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

No, it won't. If a driver is much faster it will still consume way less power when you cap the framerate.
                    You've tested it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
                      If this can fix the shadow buffers issue with non period correct nvidia or amd cards for splinter cell games then it is a must have for me.
                      Shadow buffers were a feature found in GeForce4 Ti hardware, and then sort of vanished soon afterward: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/feature-shadowbuffers/ This is a feature primarily seen i...

Yep, it's implemented

Comment

Working...
                      X