Valve Officially Announces Counter-Strike 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
    Very weird that limited test from Valve is available only for Windows. Source 2 was written natively for Linux and they are selling console that is based on Linux.
    Windows threading model is more limited than linux and you don't really get much of a choice when it comes to the scheduler so games that aim at competitive play need to narrow down their implementation on windows. It comes up in the discussion about python's GIL and how there's only very limited options for a cross-platform solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahboi View Post
      Why...?
      It's been so long ago...
      Why? You know, It's tradition, so valve can ignore gamers when asked "cs3 when?"

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Maybe you forgot that shooters favours high FPS and low latency over visuals. Lots of CS players won't accept less than 100fps.
        Maybe you forgot that we are in 2023, and these graphics were already 100+ fps 5 years ago.
        If the goal if to run smooth at 500 fps then I understand, if 100fps are enough, then it's outdated.

Also, it's looking like Fortnite now....
        Last edited by rmfx; 22 March 2023, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I wonder if we will see Counter Strike 2: VR

Considering it's Source 2, if not it probably would at the very least come out as a mod.

I hope they fix the [ Community Server Browser ]

I hope they also bring back -- Surfing + RPG

Surfing was really the only reason I ever played CS 1.6 and CSS.

In CS:GO I really like the Golden Eye workshop maps:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2055758227 (This one requires entering console `noclip` and would make a great deathmatch.

I really hope to see these maps work in Counter-Strike 2.

It would also make an amazing campaign as a N64 007 mod to an amazing engine.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
            Maybe you forgot that we are in 2023, and these graphics were already 100+ fps 5 years ago.
            If the goal if to run smooth at 500 fps then I understand, if 100fps are enough, then it's outdated.
            100 fps isn't enough, you need 250+ at least.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post
              -
              I've clicked quote and that's all I got.

Next time maybe try to write something instead of leaving empty stinking insults.

Nothing in my comment was stupid or trollish. I've got 3.5k in this game. You seem to have never played or enjoyed it, so the hell you're doing here? I don't comment on stuff I've not got a firsthand experience in. Here on photonic it's extremely common.
              Last edited by avis; 22 March 2023, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ffs_ View Post

100 fps isn't enough, you need 250+ at least.
                Some FPL players play with less than 200 fps.

FPL meaning faceit pro league, ie the best non-pro CSGO players in the world

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                  I wonder if we will see Counter Strike 2: VR

Considering it's Source 2, if not it probably would at the very least come out as a mod.

I hope they fix the [ Community Server Browser ]

I hope they also bring back -- Surfing + RPG

Surfing was really the only reason I ever played CS 1.6 and CSS.

In CS:GO I really like the Golden Eye workshop maps:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2055758227 (This one requires entering console `noclip` and would make a great deathmatch.

I really hope to see these maps work in Counter-Strike 2.

It would also make an amazing campaign as a N64 007 mod to an amazing engine.
                  Official VR mode is very unlikely to ever be implemented. As a mod? Maybe, though extremely unlikely. VR needs to be supported officially to work half decently.

Comment

Limited Test only available on Windoze?
                    I want to know the genius behind that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                      Wow, so disappointing!

Looks almost worst than before, where did the shadows go ?? Come back guys!

Assets are minimum effort... barely improved, or not changed at all. That would do for a game from 5 years ago, but with unreal engine 5 around, this is low bar.

Valve that was the studio pushing the tech to the next level (HL, HL2, HL:Alyx...) is not pushing its talent with this one.
                      kinda agree, the screenshots of cs2 look really washed out with no contrast, but killing the tick thing is a big one, only thing that ruins csgo matches for me, at the high skill level its mostly about getting lucky on the ticks, at the highest its knowing when the ticks are, the should rebalance that and make it more fun for players with less game time, Im sure the contrast is something they will fix pretty sharpish.

Comment

Working...
                      X