No announcement yet.

Godot 4.0 Stable Released As Major Step Forward For Open-Source Game Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got into godot, and it's fantastic. Super fast to develop with, and incredibly flexible. i was teaching Unity so far to students, but I know that from next year on this will be godot.

congrats :-)

Comment

I think I will grab this and start playing with. Good job Godot devs! Also, what would a guy have to do to get Java support instead of Mono/.Net ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenAnsible View Post
        Also, what would a guy have to do to get Java support instead of Mono/.Net ?
        C# is like Java. Just ignore half of all the features and conveniences (like null reference checking and record types) and maybe find a way to make the tooling slower and you won't notice much difference.
        You won't have the joy of dealing with checked exception hell, but you can just simulate it by immediately throwing NullReferenceException in the main method. That has the added benefit of making the program work just like any other Java program. Just don't forget to pre-allocate 2GB of memory before doing it since the CLR doesn't handle that for you like the JVM does.

Comment

What kind of terrain managers does Godot have? Anybody looked into that"?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenAnsible View Post
            I think I will grab this and start playing with. Good job Godot devs! Also, what would a guy have to do to get Java support instead of Mono/.Net ?
            There is Java support for android exports.
            ​​​​https://docs.godotengine.org/en/stab...singleton.html

though, I personally quite enjoy GDScript. usually i am not a fan of indentsensitive languages, but after trying it for a couple of days it's really fun and so fast to develop with.
            the developers wrote a little piece about it that might be interesting:
            ​​https://docs.godotengine.org/en/stab...hould-i-use-it

Comment

Working...
            X