Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
    could we ever see descent ported to amd64?
    Why would you need an amd64 port of descent 3? 32 bit version works fine. Real problem is the incompatibility between the different OS versions, mods not working across platforms and linux sound only working on OSS.

Comment

• I run non-multilib gentoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        That would probably be more up to the publisher. If they DID do a version of Deathspank and Deathspank:TOV for Linux, I'd purchase the Linux version. (Now, one wonders...should I pester Hothead to see if it's in the chips or not, and if not, why... )
        No dice:

Hi Nod, there are no plans at this time to bring DeathSpank to Linux. Sorry we can't support Linux like we did with the Penny Arcade games!

Comment

• That means that the engine used might have issues more than anything else and if it doesn't support Linux, they couldn't give it support because they don't have the expertise.

I'll present a case for it in due time to them- but it'll have to wait until probably after Christmas (sorry...) as I'll be busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest for several reasons, some of which you all should like. (Not to mention it'll help my case a bit once it's all said and done...)

Comment

• Miner Wars - http://www.minerwars.com
            SSDD; "Sorry, but Linux or Mac version isn't in any of our near plans. It's just too expensive."

C#/XNA, but, but...! A modern Descent-like game? Oh how I ever want it to be mine.

Cosmic Break - http://www.cosmicbreak.com
            Not seeing any mention anywhere about Linux or OSX. Blank slate, but it's a localisation of a (moderately) successful foreign game, and it looks like it might be pretty cool if you like mecha action. Seems to run well in Wine according to AppDB, but that's beside the point.

This thread is still alive, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
              Miner Wars - http://www.minerwars.com
              SSDD; "Sorry, but Linux or Mac version isn't in any of our near plans. It's just too expensive."

C#/XNA, but, but...! A modern Descent-like game? Oh how I ever want it to be mine.
              I don't know about "too expensive" but I wouldn't want to risk ending up running afoul of MS' patent portfolio.

Cosmic Break - http://www.cosmicbreak.com
              Not seeing any mention anywhere about Linux or OSX. Blank slate, but it's a localisation of a (moderately) successful foreign game, and it looks like it might be pretty cool if you like mecha action. Seems to run well in Wine according to AppDB, but that's beside the point.
              I'll check into it.

This thread is still alive, right?
              Yes, very much so. I was just busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest because of a last minute problem with Caster 1.3 (Also known as Chapter 2...which shipped Christmas Eve...) and trying to get everything as ready as possible for Cortex Command and the HIB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                I don't know about "too expensive" but I wouldn't want to risk ending up running afoul of MS' patent portfolio.
                MonoXNA?

Yes, very much so. I was just busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest because of a last minute problem with Caster 1.3 (Also known as Chapter 2...which shipped Christmas Eve...) and trying to get everything as ready as possible for Cortex Command and the HIB.
                That's cool. (Though I thought you said you were going to start a new thread a little while back... :P)

Also, while I'm thinking of it, hit up EGS through Carpe Fulgur; see if we can get Recettear and future EGS games. EasyGameStation has a couple-hundred-thousand dollars they didn't have last year, so they'll be able to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                  MonoXNA?
                  It's conceivable. Just not worth the pain

That's cool. (Though I thought you said you were going to start a new thread a little while back... :P)
                  Being unable to edit makes it "fun" but the plan's still valid. I had entirely more than anyone could've ever planned for on my plate over the last couple of months. I should copy some of that over here shortly and re-do the list. The threads will be shorter, of course, because I want to update the list- and that means new threads now... >:-D

Also, while I'm thinking of it, hit up EGS through Carpe Fulgur; see if we can get Recettear and future EGS games. EasyGameStation has a couple-hundred-thousand dollars they didn't have last year, so they'll be able to pay.
                  I'll check into it. There's several studios/publishers I plan on pestering as I get into the full swing of things at the new contract. This is a gig where I won't be doing overtime all that often...mainly because while they're setting aggressive timelines, they're still completely realistic in what they're asking of me.

Comment

• Hi. First time poster. ^^'

Any word on the Europa Engine/Paradox games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernard View Post
                      Hi. First time poster. ^^'

Any word on the Europa Engine/Paradox games?
                      Not currently... We had NDA's in place and then they kind of lost contact w/us after that. They were keen on the idea, but I think they've been a bit busy with their other releases. They're one of the companies I plan on pestering again here in another couple of weeks as I wrap up left-overs from HIB and get Caster 1.3 officially released.

Comment

Working...
                      X