Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Yeah, I guess it being an UE3 game places it pretty high on the not-bloody-likely list. OTOH, rumor has it Ryan owns the copyright to the unfinished port, so maybe somebody with deep pockets could help clean up the mess.
    It'd take someone with deep pockets. Ryan would have to be paid quite a bit, from my understanding, to have it be released back to Epic for them to release it to the world as theirs. I would love to see that imbroglio resolved to both of their benefit- but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
      hey Svartalf, Have you look into porting Nexus: The Jupiter Incident?
      Right now, I've been a bit busy. I'll look a bit further into it here shortly. There's been a bit of a stall in efforts induced by the day job- I am beginning to get things back on track for the game stuff, but keeping the roof over my head has been taking precedence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Right now, I've been a bit busy. I'll look a bit further into it here shortly. There's been a bit of a stall in efforts induced by the day job- I am beginning to get things back on track for the game stuff, but keeping the roof over my head has been taking precedence.
        Then keep being busy! I want you to get your stuff on the right track, so later you could check whatever you want!

Good Luck!

PS: My brother played this game and honestly i want to play it too! I'll wait quietly meanwhile!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
          ARMA is out for now???? and ARMA2? or means this Bohemia 'Interactive Studio' for general ?
          At this point, it means at least the ARMA franchise as a whole of Bohemia will allow it to be done.

Comment

? sorry my english fails here.. Bohemia is on of the last free game dev companys.
            And I had apparently a typo... of == if in that statement. Bohemia was not overly interested in doing a Linux version when last asked- but it wasn't an outright "no" from them. They just didn't see the value in allowing it or doing the work- not that they were against it otherwise.

Comment

the last 'ask' is about arma1 and yes arma1 is outdatet.
              Noted. It's going to be easier to ask for it than ARMA2- keep in mind, while they're an independent studio, they're doing AAA titles. They will want big, big bucks most likely unless they're going to actually port the title and are shopping for contractors for assistance.

why not ask for arma2+addons again ?
              I plan on asking for that as well- but we have to set expectations accordingly like I mentioned above.

Arma2+addons is perfect for linux use.

much better than there platform 'XP'
              Yes, and we see it that way- but they don't precisely see it that way or they'd be doing the game for us without our prompting them for it...

"Bohemia" also do not use DRM and they patch the copypotection 3-4 moth after release out of the game.

means a linux version can be delivered without DRM or copypotection only Serial is needed for online-gaming.
              I think that's a win. They're on the short list for the next stuff I'm going after because of it. As it stands, Caster3D 1.3 (Chapter 2) just found the fit-and-finish bug for it and a probable fix is being beaten on along with trying to get the Alpha of Cortex Command into Beta. Once I've got the handle on this stuff going out the door and the Pandora and Android versions under-way, I'll be pinging leads again.

Comment

no arma1 is not easier to ask because they(Bohemia Interactive) only wana arma2 ;-)
                Actually, you'd be surprised. They want to be paid for 2, but 1's going to be cheap/free because it's already paid for. Please, lay down your notions of things here- it's because it's the hot thing they'll insist on things being the way I describe them.

big big bucks really?
                YES.

Bohemia is on of the last free game studios.
                if they hurt there "Fan's" they die.
                To them, you and I aren't fans- unless you buy from the retailers.

Keep in mind, they make WINDOWS titles right at the moment and you're NOT their customer- the retailer is. And if you're not running on Windows, you're not really their customer either- WINE being able to run it not withstanding.

Not having a Linux version, to them, isn't going to "hurt their fans" as you describe it- unless everyone quits using Windows on the spot and starts using nothing but Linux.

i think thats not true Bohemia Interactive is free they don't care about windows they are just to smale to support all platforms.
                You're probably right- but when asked before ARMA2 was even out, the answer was "NO" and it was more they didn't see the value proposition for supporting Linux, even through a third party like myself- they saw it as a dead loss. And that was only about 12 months ago.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to ask them for it. I am just not going to try to push the position for 2 so hard I cut my nose off to spite my face on it.

Comment

• Only resellers offer the games as downloadables, not LGP themselves, as explained here:
                  A lot of you asked for the ability to download games. We have listened and created the reseller download system. From today all resellers will be able to

Comment

hey is DRM only in ballistics,jets,majesty,sacred,shadowgrounds,survi vor,x2,x3 ?
                    Not in Ballistics or Majesty (Unless he's recently cut an update...) and probably not X2. The DRM lives definitely in Sacred and maybe a few of the other recent titles...

so i can buy postal-share-the-pain without drm?
                    That should be one without it- and it's only being published by LGP, it's a RWS produced image, meaning it's whatever they provided and LGP verified.

how to get oss sound on modern alsa based linux versions ?
                    aoss look it up.

i can't find a cheaper-download-only version of any game on the LGP web site.

i burn all my physical mediums like 3,5-disc and cd-roms and dvd,s why i should buy new physical mediums to produce more garbage ?

i can't understand why there is no simple download version of every game.
                    Because it doesn't work the way you think it does right at the moment. Unless you've got rights to publish electronically, you typically can't provide downloads. The ones LGP is providing are a short-list of the ones he probably got rights to publish that way for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Not in Ballistics or Majesty (Unless he's recently cut an update...) and probably not X2. The DRM lives definitely in Sacred and maybe a few of the other recent titles...
                      I take that back. If it's on the CD media, it's not likely to be DRMed.

If it's downloadable, it's got the DRM on it- which should be obvious if he's "renting" the stuff. Low prices like you're boggling at are liable to be rentals as opposed to sales as the download price shaves about $15 or so off the pricing.

Comment

Working...
                      X