Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about ZeroGear?

开云官网注册资金1.77亿元,员工770余人,厂区面积1737亩。是集脱硫脱硝工艺设备及冶金备件加工、销售、服务于一体的冶金机械制造企业。可以承揽侧入式搅拌器、非金属补偿器(膨胀节)、烟气挡板阀、蒸发式冷凝器、钢厂炼钢转炉炉壳、钢水包、铁水包、地表车辆制造,炼铁高炉炉壳开孔及风口法兰工厂化制造安装。

Comment

• Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
      What about ZeroGear?

开云官网注册资金1.77亿元,员工770余人,厂区面积1737亩。是集脱硫脱硝工艺设备及冶金备件加工、销售、服务于一体的冶金机械制造企业。可以承揽侧入式搅拌器、非金属补偿器(膨胀节)、烟气挡板阀、蒸发式冷凝器、钢厂炼钢转炉炉壳、钢水包、铁水包、地表车辆制造,炼铁高炉炉壳开孔及风口法兰工厂化制造安装。

http://www.nimblebit.com/forums/view...it=linux#p2009
      That game looks awesome!

And the replies in the forum sound reasonably promising. I'm glad to see this comment from one of the developers:
      I would hate to say we support Linux through WINE though.
      If we end up officially supporting it, we will make sure to provide a binary proper.

Comment

• Would it be in anyway possible to obtain the rights to sell the games ported by Loki (& possibly update the src of those to work better in the contemporary distros)? It's sad that while many of the windows versions are available through GOG, linux ports just seem to sit in safes somewhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by darkuttek View Post
          Would it be in anyway possible to obtain the rights to sell the games ported by Loki (& possibly update the src of those to work better in the contemporary distros)? It's sad that while many of the windows versions are available through GOG, linux ports just seem to sit in safes somewhere...
          It was attempted by LGP when they were young. I believe MindRover was the only other title that ever got that way. All other titles' rights were purportedly given back to their respective studios and publishers.

Unfortunately, there was (and apparently still is) a load of confusion as to who actually owned what and where the source landed during the Chapter 7 end of Loki. For example, while Timegate Studios got the source code for Kohan back, they were under the impression that nobody could really use that codebase- not even them. The story varies from publisher to publisher, but it seems it was all the same then. You'd have to ask Activision, Square Enix, and a few others about stuff they've probably forgotten about and lost in the mists of time.

I do know one of the titles may be making a comeback...but not with Loki's codebase.

Comment

• Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
            That game looks awesome!

And the replies in the forum sound reasonably promising. I'm glad to see this comment from one of the developers:

The reply's an encouraging one. Lemme get Cortex Command off the ground and into beta (or get the Caster2 port done for x86 and into Alpha for ARM Linux variants...) and I'll get in touch with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
              What about ZeroGear?

http://www.nimblebit.com/forums/view...it=linux#p2009
              I personally know the guys working on this. They are just independent developers, and while they have nothing against Linux, they also don't know anything about it. Zero Gear is written with Steam in mind, so that might be problematic as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Spain View Post
                I personally know the guys working on this. They are just independent developers, and while they have nothing against Linux, they also don't know anything about it. Zero Gear is written with Steam in mind, so that might be problematic as well.
                Tell them they can have someone to help them make it happen on Linux on the cheap- I'm just almost overbooked right at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  ... I'm just almost overbooked right at the moment.
                  That's quite encouraging. Looking forward to all of those games.

Comment

• Adding another to the pile, I haven't previously seen mention of Gratuitous Space Battles.

Cliffski echoes a sentiment we're familiar with and getting tired of:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                      Adding another to the pile, I haven't previously seen mention of Gratuitous Space Battles.

Cliffski echoes a sentiment we're familiar with and getting tired of:
                      http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/...p=20858#p20858
                      Indeed. There's quite a bit more market there- the big problem lies in that they have the same model of getting funds and work done that the rest of the industry has- you have to buy the work from an outsource firm for big bucks or have a publisher shell out big bucks to be able to publish the work elsewhere.

It doesn't have to work that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X