No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I've read, Torchlight doesn't work with Wine due to the DRM used. People have only been able to get cracked versions of the game to run using Wine. I don't know if CrossOver would be any better or not in this case.

Comment

• On raising the awareness, have you written somewhere public on the issue?

Having an article somewhere about how to do linux games right would surely push some info around.

Comment

• The WineHQ AppDB Torchlight entry reports it is workable if you run a copy provided by steam or gamersgate - link . Have not tried it. I would much prefer a port be provided of course

Comment

• As a note, the list has been updated to reflect the current state of affairs for things being looked into as of this morning (01-24-10...) and reelects the current state of affairs on things.

Comment

• GTR2 (10tacle in recievership- need to find out who is studio, etc...)
            AFAIK, 10tacle is in an insolvency situation more than one year and most its studios only Reakktor remain (and its independent now) , the others were closed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
              AFAIK, 10tacle is in an insolvency situation more than one year and most its studios only Reakktor remain (and its independent now) , the others were closed...
              Actually, it almost looks like SimBin survived as well. Their website's still up and they're describing themselves as privately owned, much like Reakktor and they had news items as of December of last year up. I'll do a bit more digging, but GTR2's still probably a maybe...

Comment

• Well i know al about Reakktor since 2003, I am a big of their MMOFPS Neocron, (6 years of addiction to this gamme)! there was a Belgium Studio whch was very good, i don't recall their name but it renamed as 10tacle belgium. They were making a game called "totems" and the screenshot of the game are awsome! their website remain though!

Comment

• Wow- the looking into list is extremely promising- if even a few of those come thru, it'll be a great year for Linux gaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
                    Wow- the looking into list is extremely promising- if even a few of those come thru, it'll be a great year for Linux gaming.
                    Isn't it, though? It's so tempting to correct that "if" there, but I'll keep it to myself because there's no foregone conclusions with this stuff- but it's looking real good (there's a reason the list got amended last night...).

Like I said in the interview a while back, I'm surprised at what you lot found for us all (not just for me...for everyone, really...) and what sorts of traction I'm actually getting on things.

As a side note, the list has gotten long in the tooth. I think with the next update, I'll skim through both the old thread and this one to make sure we've not missed things and then start a "part 3" thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                      Well i know al about Reakktor since 2003, I am a big of their MMOFPS Neocron, (6 years of addiction to this gamme)! there was a Belgium Studio whch was very good, i don't recall their name but it renamed as 10tacle belgium. They were making a game called "totems" and the screenshot of the game are awsome! their website remain though!
                      Sadly, 10tacle Belgium died shortly before 10tacle itself did- what's odd is the website's still live (normally that's one of the first things to go...). They had a promising game even. I'm sort of tickled that there were a few survivors from that flameout. Deck13, SimBin, and Reakktor seem to be surviving if not doing decently right at the moment. (And I'm secretly wishing that Deck13 doesn't have a lock-in deal with Runesoft on Linux versions...it'd be nice to scoop up the other titles, including their latest one (which appears to be the best one they've done to date...) that RuneSoft's not gotten rights to.)

Comment

Working...
                      X