No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam 2 never got out any further than beta form, so I would guess Croteam lost interest in Linux?

Comment

• I went through the list of games available at gog.com a few minutes ago, and i think "Evil Genius" would be a really cool port.

Never played that game before, but that basebuilding, similar to dungean keeper, within a "Austin Powers"-like Szenario sounds great to me. ;-)

Comment

• I just discovered Zombie Driver. It's a "kill zombies with a car" game and it's using the OGRE engine. it looks pretty nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguin_from_hell View Post
          I went through the list of games available at gog.com a few minutes ago, and i think "Evil Genius" would be a really cool port.

Never played that game before, but that basebuilding, similar to dungean keeper, within a "Austin Powers"-like Szenario sounds great to me. ;-)
          its an epic game!! I do like to install it now and again to play
          you end up wasting soo much time just trying to setup you ultimate traproute

Comment

• @maxx: The guys that created zombie driver said they will port it to linux

" What's next for Exor Studios after your first release?
            ... Besides that we would like to create Linux and Mac ports and ... "

Comment

• Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
              @maxx: The guys that created zombie driver said they will port it to linux

" What's next for Exor Studios after your first release?
              ... Besides that we would like to create Linux and Mac ports and ... "

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/11/...ie-driver-two/
              From their forum:
              "We would want to do it, so there is a chance... but I don't know if it will happen or when. Sorry"

So it seems to be up in the air. Having an actually programmer willing to do the port would change things I expect.

Comment

• The interview also states this: "Besides that we would like to create Linux and Mac ports and of course bring the game to XBLA and PSN but that depends also on our partners.", so I'm uncertain whether the partners is only connected to XBox-live and PSN, but they could also refer to Mac and Linux with that. It surely couldn't hurt if someone would have a talk with them.

Comment

• How about Natural Selection 2? It seems kind of similar to Tremulous with a commander mode like Savage.

It isn't released yet, but their FAQ says:
                  We will initially release NS2 on Windows (through our web-site and through Steam). After that we plan to bring it to the Mac and the Xbox 360. Maybe even Linux.

Comment

• its not going to come. I can pretty much assure you that. They have a "they will just use wine" mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                      its not going to come. I can pretty much assure you that. They have a "they will just use wine" mentality.
                      Wine is one of the best and worst things to happen to Linux.

It seems we are only in a slightly better position than OS/2 was a little more than a decade ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X