No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trine, by Frozenbyte (who did Shadowgrounds Survivor)

Looks *extremely* cool and as you've already got a relationship with them I was hoping this would be realistic

Comment

• Venture Arctic - An ecosystem simulator, was given good reviews back in 2007. It uses some version of the Torque engine.

Buccaneer: The Pursuit of Infamy - indie title by Stickman Studios also based on some version of Torque.

...maybe we have enough prospective titles now, and need to start a new thread looking for more porters?

Comment

• i second that notion

Comment

• The titles from Neocore games look interesting. There's Crusaders - Thy Kingdom Come, a Total War-ish RTS released in 2008, reviews seems mixed but overall positive.

Then there's their upcoming game, King Arthur, which is described as a "role-playing wargame".

They're using an in-house game engine, Coretech, as for the company it seems quite unknown so there might be more to gain for them with a Linux port?

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
            it is on linux. I bought i for the GP2X back in the day. Due note arm architecture.
            GP2X is all well and good, but doesn't Linux/x86 deserve some GTA1 style love?

Comment

• I have contacted them myself. I know a little bit about the game so im a good candidate to ask .

Comment

• Hi to all here.

What i'm really missing since my move over to linux several years ago is a good soccer and a good racing game. I think of something like Pro Evolution Soccer and Colin McCrae Rally or similar games.

Track Mania imho would be nice too.

And what about Railroad Tycoon 3 or Sid Meier's Railroads?
                Some enjoyable games after a day full of hard work. ;-)

[EDIT]
                "Re-Volt" and "Pirates" could be also interesting titles to port.

greets
                Last edited by penguin_from_hell; 13 August 2009, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Late to the game, but still ...

I didn't go through the whole thing, as it is quite a bit, and I know I am coming late to the game with this, but is there any interest or communication regarding porting the X3: Terran conflict release? We have X2 and X3: Reunion, so it makes some sense to maintain that relationship and get the next one out.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdick1 View Post
                    ...is there any interest or communication regarding porting the X3: Terran conflict release? We have X2 and X3: Reunion, so it makes some sense to maintain that relationship and get the next one out.
                    If I recall correctly, the objective here is to not snipe things that LGP may be doing anyway.

Comment

• Ah... I forgot to mention Battlefield 1942 with Desert Combat AddOn. Great Game with much greate Mods.
                      I know that's a Dice/EA title, but hopefully this old thing isn't interesting enough for them, so that it will be ways cheaper then other major titles.

regards

Comment

Working...
                      X