Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jiero View Post
    That game basicly has a Linux client and the developers are also quite Linux friendly, HOWEVER since they use STEAM exclusivly and there is no Linux STEAM version we are out of luck
    So write Valve about it

Comment

• Is Svartalf still busy? With so many new games suggested, there might be an opportunity for some new porters to make a name for themselves.

What happened to Maks Verver, the guy who ported World of Goo, maybe he's in need of a new project?

Comment

• Originally posted by Julius View Post
        That game basicly has a Linux client and the developers are also quite Linux friendly, HOWEVER since they use STEAM exclusivly and there is no Linux STEAM version we are out of luck
        So write Valve about it
        then pay dragonlord enough money so he can deploy his ideas Unless they have an exclusive tie with valve its unlikely they couldnt deal another platform. Killing floor would sell very well for linux.

Comment

• There's a new indie studio called DoubleBear who's doing a zombie RPG.

The game will be using the Age of Decadence engine, which in turn uses Torque.
          When chatting to lord of the vampires Brian Mitsoda and valkyrie warrior Annie Carlson during arranging their Gaming Ma…

Comment

• tourqe 1.x, or another version. Only torque 1 supports linux and thats all community stuff.

Comment

• Age of Decadence apparently uses version 1.3. They certainly don't seem opposed to the idea of a Linux port:

Comment

• well i mean if they going to do it on their own by all means they should. It wouldnt be so much of a porting project as the game isnt done. In all honesty if they can do it I will buy it just because its on linux. And if I buy it 1000 others will because they all want to be like L33F3R because L33F3R is a cool, sexy beast.

Comment

• Another possible game that isn't yet on the list: Payback. They used to have a "Linux version coming soon" on the website but they've since dropped that (and added i-phone and other ports).

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                    well i mean if they going to do it on their own by all means they should. It wouldnt be so much of a porting project as the game isnt done. In all honesty if they can do it I will buy it just because its on linux. And if I buy it 1000 others will because they all want to be like L33F3R because L33F3R is a cool, sexy beast.
                    It's a common secret afterall that phoronix is not a linux benchmarks site but a L33F3R fan club

Comment

• Originally posted by palu View Post
                      Another possible game that isn't yet on the list: Payback. They used to have a "Linux version coming soon" on the website but they've since dropped that (and added i-phone and other ports).
                      it is on linux. I bought i for the GP2X back in the day. Due note arm architecture.

Comment

Working...
                      X