No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not if the buy-outs over short or long destroy the bought-out people. History knows lots of these things and one thing you can be sure off, I'll never let myself buy out... first I die in honor before that happens >.=.<

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Buying out is very different then a hostile takeover. Hitler did not buy anything, he just took with zero regard to the other entity. Your Hitler comparison has no legs to stand on. If anything compare it to the "American dream".
      Uh...guys...this isn't really germane to the subject thread...nor is commentary about GPL versus other licenses. Can we get it back to the discussion topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Uh...guys...this isn't really germane to the subject thread...nor is commentary about GPL versus other licenses. Can we get it back to the discussion topic?
        Sorry Svartalf, it just royally pisses me off when someone has the balls to try to compare business practices to someone who organized the deaths of millions. Demeaning the lives of millions to support a software philosophy is way out of line.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
          Thats ridiculous. Its called capitalism.
          Absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
            Thats ridiculous. Its called capitalism.
            Hear hear! Capitalism is, indeed, ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah_ View Post
              Hear hear! Capitalism is, indeed, ridiculous.
              You destroy the thread...

Comment

• Silent Hill 3
                Silent Hill 4
                Stronghold Crusader
                The Sims 1 Complete edition
                The Sims 2 and expansions

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenele View Post
                  Stronghold Crusader

YES!

good sir has good tastes.

Comment

• Deus Ex! The first one, definitely!
                    (I actually registered just to say so)

It would be just awesome...

Also, I'd give anything for Dia blo II, what a pity it's impossible.

Comment

• Yes, Deus Ex would definitely hit the spot! I'd buy it whatever the price.

It's an old game, but there are ongoing fan-made projects to improve it graphics-wise; HDTP seeks to improve models textures, and New Vision strives to improve level textures.

As far as I know by reading the projects' forums HDTP should be almost completed, while New Vision has only a developer working on it, and he is probably helping the HDTP folks until it's done.

Here you can find the demo of HDTP, and here's the beta release of New Vision. These will give you an idea of what these projects are doing and how well.

Just my two cents people, but I think it would be a big plus if those were included in a Linux port of Deus Ex; I saw fan made mods were included in X2 and X3, so I thought it would be possible, if this game will ever find its way to us, obviously

I apologize if these information were already posted before, I only recently discovered Phoronix (great site!) and when I found this thread, I just couldn't resist!

Comment

Working...
                      X