No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So GarageGames has come back from the dead and Torque is on sale from them again. Maybe you could....I dunno, convince them to support Linux again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
      So GarageGames has come back from the dead and Torque is on sale from them again. Maybe you could....I dunno, convince them to support Linux again?
      Last time that i went on their website about 2 weeks ago or something like that it showed that the sale was still up.... the PR said that they were closing doors, now "if they do support linux again" is quite surprising....

Comment

• Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this in this long thread but has anyone looked into Popcap games? They seem to have been ported to every platform known to man but linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this in this long thread but has anyone looked into Popcap games? They seem to have been ported to every platform known to man but linux.
          It's not been mentioned, but they're on the list of people I'm about to get in touch with over things. The framework's already been ported, so it's probably more of a desire to have someone support/publish it for them under a branding. I'll let you guys know more when I get in touch with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
            Last time that i went on their website about 2 weeks ago or something like that it showed that the sale was still up.... the PR said that they were closing doors, now "if they do support linux again" is quite surprising....
            Amazingly, they've "gone back to their 'indie' roots" and are selling licenses for $99 to the engine... Guess I do need to talk w/them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              It's not been mentioned, but they're on the list of people I'm about to get in touch with over things. The framework's already been ported, so it's probably more of a desire to have someone support/publish it for them under a branding. I'll let you guys know more when I get in touch with them.
              Good to hear. They may not blockbuster AAA "holy crap look at the eye candy" games but they are addictive, reasonably priced, and have great replay value. They would serve as a good stepping stone for larger more ambitious ports.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Good to hear. They may not blockbuster AAA "holy crap look at the eye candy" games but they are addictive, reasonably priced, and have great replay value. They would serve as a good stepping stone for larger more ambitious ports.
                That was kind of my thinking. I'd have gotten to it a bit sooner, but I was a bit overbooked for last year's things (and it wasn't the porting stuff that did it...).

Comment

• On that note, how are things going? I gather you're keeping busy. Anything new? (Do you have a finger, weblog, feed or something to follow for updates?)

Comment

• Populous: The Beggining (Bullfrog/EA)
                    Imperialism II: Age of Exploration* (Frog City Software)

*Not sure if the game is considered abandonware...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                      On that note, how are things going? I gather you're keeping busy. Anything new? (Do you have a finger, weblog, feed or something to follow for updates?)
                      Nothing new yet (Yet...). I'm about to get started on the ARM versions of the two games I've ported so far and as things settle in with the new day job (coming along nicely...) I will start on the planned contacts...

As for a finger, weblog, or similar...not yet. Going to be adding something here shortly as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X