Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    I'd sign up for the beta but life gets in the way. Also are you porting Cortex Command (or anything else for that matter) to the pandora?
    Yes. The toolchain I've got built up is shaping up nicely- but trying to get up to speed fully on removing assumptions for non-ARM systems so it'll build has stalled because I'm trying to get the betas out and get up to speed at a shiny new job that will allow me to more quickly do this stuff.

The plan is for anything that will fit on Pandora to be ported- which allows for a wide range of other ARM Linux based platforms as well.

Comment

• It looks like suggesting titles most people actually care about (the good stuff) is leading nowhere. So here's a smaller title:

Broken Sword: The Director’s Cut

By Revolution Software. Distribution is Ubisoft. There are ports of this to PC, DS, Wii, iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Comment

• The Witcher

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          It looks like suggesting titles most people actually care about (the good stuff) is leading nowhere. So here's a smaller title:

Broken Sword: The Director?s Cut

By Revolution Software. Distribution is Ubisoft. There are ports of this to PC, DS, Wii, iPhone/iPod/iPad.
          Doesn't that already exist?

Comment

• Originally posted by meklu View Post
            ...And yet another link:

Isn't this the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragnadh View Post
              The Witcher
              It's already on the list. I'll be talking with GoG and their parent CDProjeckt here shortly on the subject of their products probably in a month or so. I'm a bit busy with getting up to speed with a new job, making sure one beta finishes up smoothly (it was delayed because of the prior day-job) and making sure another takes off and is largely done in about 1-2 weeks' time. Once I get that off my plate, I'll be taking back up some leads I had and rattling some cages with some publishers and studios.

Comment

• Originally posted by meklu View Post
                Hm... Interesting... They're listing only MeeGo support, so it only sort-of counts as "existing" on Linux unless you can easily drop it on any X86 box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  Hm... Interesting... They're listing only MeeGo support, so it only sort-of counts as "existing" on Linux unless you can easily drop it on any X86 box.
                  What is the situation with Devastation for Linux?
                  Can you make new linux port?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                    What is the situation with Devastation for Linux?
                    Can you make new linux port?

http://happypenguin.org/show?Devastation
                    It's debatable as to whether or not there'll be any new Linux ports. It would depend on the porter (Ryan Gordon, I believe, based on where the Linux version's been hosted...) since that person would be the only one with access to the game code as the studio that did the game effectively went "poof" a while back. Keep in mind that the game uses the old Unreal engine- so it's a mixed bag story out of the gate.

Comment

• @Svartalf
                      "Descent 3 (Someone's got access to the code and we just need to talk to Interplay and GoG...)"

Descent 3 1.5 patch is coming to Linux:

"Yes, OSX (both power PC and x86) compatibility is part of the patch. There's a new installer that will install on Linux or OSX using the Windows or Linux CDs for data files (I'm not sure we'll have support for installing from the Mac classic CDs), but there will be all new executable code for the game.

The OSX port uses SDL just like the Linux build. All platforms are built from the same source, which will make compatibility easier."

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oasEAoPHk7I

Comment

Working...
                      X