No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of unwritten tales looks really good! Nice art style and lots of detail, plus I miss a good adventure game
    I can't see why it shouldn't exist on linux since it uses the Ogre engine?

I can't think of any games I'd wish for right now, but I'm glad you are doing this Svartalf.

Comment

Rollcage and SubCommand / Dangerous Waters are not on the list
      From the maybe list, I vote for audiosurf and trackmania.

Comment

Civilization III Complete for Linux would be so sweet!

Oh, and a port of Age of Empires III + Addons would be a definite buy for me.

There already exist Mac OS X ports of both games. Does this ever increase the chance of Linux ports?

Comment

Originally posted by powered_by_tux View Post
          Civilization III Complete for Linux would be so sweet!

Oh, and a port of Age of Empires III + Addons would be a definite buy for me.

There already exist Mac OS X ports of both games. Does this ever increase the chance of Linux ports?
          Age of Empires is made by Microsoft Game Studios...

Comment

How's it going with Natural Selection 2?
            They are already taking preorders! However they don't have mac or linux under supported operating systems. Which is understandable as they haven't begun porting it yet. It would be really great if the linux client would be ready by the time of the release!
            But they seem really open to the idea of a linux/mac client as I pointed out in my post in the previous thread with links

Comment

I would love to play Anno on Linux

Comment

First I want to thank you, Svartalf, for putting that much effort in linux gaming.

If you need any help with testing or contacting german publishers, don't hesitate to contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by Remco View Post
                  Old games now owned by EA might be a no-go, but maybe that's not true:

Dungeon Keeper series (Bullfrog, now EA)
                  Dune series (Westwood, now EA)
                  Especially Emperor: Battle for Dune. That was such a great game.
                  I was very sorry that EA decided to kill the online component so soon.

Comment

What about the Myst saga? Cyan has recently open-sourced Uru so they seem sensible to this kind of business. Also, they need money.

I'd love seeing Atrus on my Fedora box!

Comment

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (and Alien Crossfire) are on my wishlist (IIRC an AC port existed once, but don't know what happened to it).

PS. Maybe it was already discussed (didn't read the other thread), but Freespace2 engine has already been ported and works perfectly well on linux; you only need to purchase the Windows version from GOG and get the engine from the "Hard Light Productions" site.
                      Last edited by pmorph; 30 May 2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X