No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i get the direction you are taking this. fair enough .

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      Classic games got by with little or no storyline because adding the extra crap would bust the 1.4mb limit...
      I don't know about that, some of the greatest games ever in classic gaming all had great story lines. Just think of the classic lucas arts (Loom, monkey island, Full throttle, etc) , sierra (Kings Quest, space quest, hero quest,etc), infocom games, then you also have all the DnD type games as well which relied on a plot as well like Ultima and Lands of Lore. Having said that I also disagree with Dragonlord's evaluation Deus-Ex and Thief being the only good games having great story. I could see maybe in the FPS genre that is the case but there are still plenty of good games out there with plots and a good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Having said that I also disagree with Dragonlord's evaluation Deus-Ex and Thief being the only good games having great story. I could see maybe in the FPS genre that is the case but there are still plenty of good games out there with plots and a good story.
        Agreed, and good storyies are not just limited to 'adventure' games either. I'm loving the storylines from the Fallout series (personally, I think that 3 strikes a great balance between storyline, game-play and game genres). What really annoys me with some story-led games is where the game mechanic gets in the way of the story. I'm particularly thinking of the Final Fantasy series here (/me dons asbestos suit) where the repetitive game grind bores me rigid and means that I never see how the (usually intriguing and clever) story pans out. I would love a 'this game sucks, but show me the story' button in such games.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          I don't know about that, some of the greatest games ever in classic gaming all had great story lines. Just think of the classic lucas arts (Loom, monkey island, Full throttle, etc) , sierra (Kings Quest, space quest, hero quest,etc), infocom games, then you also have all the DnD type games as well which relied on a plot as well like Ultima and Lands of Lore. Having said that I also disagree with Dragonlord's evaluation Deus-Ex and Thief being the only good games having great story. I could see maybe in the FPS genre that is the case but there are still plenty of good games out there with plots and a good story.
          I don't said the only ones... I said after them not much came which paired great story telling with great gameplay. What I found so far had either a great story but gameplay is boring ( especially RPGs somehow got stuck in grind-festivals or we-are-sandbox forgetting that a sand-box alone doesn't make a game fun ) or a great gameplay and the story had been lame ( or the game is bugged beyond fun... another problem of modern games... huge increase of bugginess ). Second one is though more in my favor since you can't enjoy a great story in a crappy game as much as a great story in a movie with crappy actors doesn't cut it neither. I admit thought that my quality bars are higher than most others.

Comment

• Galactic Dream: Rage of War

I think it uses irrlicht

Comment

• Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                i want. that game looks epic.

And as a solution for people who dont want to register, you can email me your proposed title at: l33f3r(at)l33f3r /dot/ com (broken for spam bots). I dont care about getting spam at this email tho . Just tell me whatever game and if you would like your name listed. Svartalf has a lot on his plate right now.

Comment

• Max Blastronaut, by Coin App.

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    Max Blastronaut, by Coin App.
                    Looks like "Caster" in space...

Comment

• Ok I have 2 people who have made some very quality requests.

David emailed me regarding mafia (1) and 2. Publishers are GoD/2K. He brings up a good point that mafia 1 might make good sales simply because of mafia 2 coming out. Mafia 2, although a long push to be ported, could drive people who want to play the original. It uses an in-house engine by the looks of it.

whats rly intriguing is tranquility

tqworld.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tqworld.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I just played this game and i must say, im trippin balls. Incredible title. Its openGL under mac and windows but no linux. It requires DX 8.1 for sound.

Windows DLL's:

glut32.dll
                      pthreadVC.dll
                      QMDX.dll

----------------------------------------------------------
                      gforum requests Takeda 3 and Sango 2 in particular among magitech games. They use OpenAL/GL. They are based in Toronto and appear to be self published in north america.

Take note, their games are very very Asian.

Comment

Working...
                      X