Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Disabling High Resolution Scrolling For Logitech Devices Connected Via USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Disabling High Resolution Scrolling For Logitech Devices Connected Via USB

Phoronix: Linux Disabling High Resolution Scrolling For Logitech Devices Connected Via USB

While there's been a multi-year effort for Wayland high resolution scrolling, support by the desktop environments for this functionality, and all the other infrastructure work, high resolution scrolling is proving to still be a challenge for Linux in 2023. The latest is now the Linux kernel dropping Logitech high resolution scrolling for mice connected via USB until further improvements can be made...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Linux and having to work around strange hardware quirks, name a more iconic duo. But in all seriousness, I hope Logitech can resolve this with a firmware update.

Comment

I have one Logitech mouse with the so called "High Resolution Scrolling". Tested it on Windows 10 with the official drivers, didn't noticed any difference. Unless this indeed work in some specific high end model, this whole thing looks like some marketing gimmick with no real world benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by jonkoops View Post
        Linux and having to work around strange hardware quirks, name a more iconic duo. But in all seriousness, I hope Logitech can resolve this with a firmware update.
        I don't see why they would. It's working as intended as far as they're concerned and has been for years. It's Linux that has the problem.

Comment

G403 has been working fine for me on Arch.

Comment

I had to enable this in Solaar for my G604 because the browser scrolling was very terrible experience otherwise. (would scroll a little bit, then pause, then start scrolling a little again, was frustrating)

Comment

Logitech has taken to slapping Linux supported on its product boxes, with the caveat of basic features only. I experienced slight lag with a Logitech mouse under Fedora and their support staff were worse than useless, actively providing incorrect information. Problem was eventually resolved by changing Bluetooth LE power management config.

Comment

This is a Wayland problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post
                  This is a Wayland problem.
                  So the problem is described as:
                  "On some Logitech mice, such as the G903, and possibly the G403, the HID events are generated on a different interface to the HID++ one."

Can you please elaborate on how this is a Wayland problem?

Comment

Originally posted by strophy View Post
                    Logitech has taken to slapping Linux supported on its product boxes, with the caveat of basic features only. I experienced slight lag with a Logitech mouse under Fedora and their support staff were worse than useless, actively providing incorrect information. Problem was eventually resolved by changing Bluetooth LE power management config.
                    Sounds like the famous PEBKAC bug. It's a nasty one to deal with. J/k ofc!

Comment

Working...
                    X