Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 7.0-6 Released With More Windows Games Playable On Linux

Phoronix: Proton 7.0-6 Released With More Windows Games Playable On Linux

Valve has just published Proton 7.0-6 as the newest version of this Wine-based software that powers Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux. Proton 7.0-6 had been available in testing and release candidate form since the end of last year while now has been promoted to stable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When 8.x ?

Comment

I would like a Proton for professional tools other than Crossover. Centered in compatibility with Cadence Allegro, Altium and other EDA/CAD tools.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
        When 8.x ?
        Give it a couple of weeks and it's in Proton-GE.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
          When 8.x ?
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
            Give it a couple of weeks and it's in Proton-GE.
            proton ge follows protons wine branch i am pretty sure. so it may be a bit

Comment

Originally posted by bgkillas View Post

proton ge follows protons wine branch i am pretty sure. so it may be a bit
              yup! https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/p.../GE-Proton7-48
              • Updated proton-wine bleeding edge
              • Updated vkd3d-proton
              • Updated dxvk
              • Update dxvk-nvapi

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                I would like a Proton for professional tools other than Crossover. Centered in compatibility with Cadence Allegro, Altium and other EDA/CAD tools.
                That would be great, but weren't Cadence tools Linux-native? At the University, I used Cadence Virtuoso on CentOS machines and Solaris servers.
                Agilen's/Keysight's ADS has official support for RHEL, though.

Comment

Finally!! Mahjong Ladies. I was starting to consider uninstalling my distro and just hopping to Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post
                    Finally!! Mahjong Ladies. I was starting to consider uninstalling my distro and just hopping to Windows.
                    You joke but looking it up, I think it's one of, if not the best "Riichi Mahjong" (Japanese multiplayer variant instead of solitaire) game on Steam, as there are only a handful of those and two of them are only against CPU opponents. Also, as this might be misunderstood: it does not look like a lewd title and actually looks decent with good animations. Only downside is that it's not available in English but you can try out how it works as long as you want as it's free-to-play (with gacha mechanic but apparently only for cosmetics).

Comment

Working...
                    X