Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 8.1 Picks Up Vulkan HDR Extension For Helping With Valve's HDR Gaming Enablement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamjustalittlefox View Post
    Wine was always shit, will always going to be shit.
    Instead go with a separate windows pc cost nothing these days and a fine bottle of wine
    I know you're a troll but how is Wine shit?

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
      has anyone got HDR games working with new proton or eggroll yet?

Comment

Hopefully we can one day just get AutoHDR enabled for desktop and everything and be done with it. Works really well in Win11.

Comment

all I need now is for this to work via drm leasing and I can be lazy again

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post

There is likely no bug. You just need to specify DXVK_HDR and make sure you are on Proton Experimental Bleeding Edge and latest Mesa Git.

As for where to report bugs, the Gamescope issue tracker is fine.
            I both specified DXVK_HDR=1 and set "dxgi.enableHDR = True" in dxvk.conf and was using either ProtonGE-47 (Steam games) or lutris-GE-Proton7-35 with DXVK 2.1 and vkd3d-proton 2.8 (Epic/non-Steam). After compiling mesa-tkg-git and Proton bleeding edge and setting that Proton for Steam games I didn't get any further in regards to Hitman 2, Callisto Protocol, or Resident Evil 2. In fact, I kind of took a step back since I could run Hitman 2 from Plasma but would get a black screen when trying to run the same setup from my gamescope hdr session. Callisto Protocol and Resident Evil 2 stayed the same. I also tried those three games out with AMDVLK; no success and Callisto Protocol ran at 60spf with it.

FFVII with RADV, however, was just as nice...though I'm still using that Lutris Proton runner with it since it's an Epic game...I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I did turn on the debug heatmap and could tell from there that all the HDR settings in FFVII were working. It didn't seem like luminosity slider was doing anything, but it was very apparent on the heatmap that it was doing stuff. I must have been testing that out on bad scene the day before.

EDIT: I was doing some system updates when I realized that mesa-tkg-git is pointing towards the Github backup of Mesa that hasn't been updated since Dec. 22. Hopefully building mesa-tkg-git using the official Mesa Gitlab will help.
            Last edited by skeevy420; 28 January 2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              has anyone got HDR games working with new proton or eggroll yet?
              Yes. For two games at least. Where it's working it's great. FFVII is massively improved. When going from dark to light or light to dark, SDR uses a brightness filter over the entire screen that washes out color and detail and dims that back to normal whereas HDR mode does extra brightness and luminosity on scene objects and then dims them to normal. For me, it's one of those things that once you see it with HDR you can't go back to the SDR version.

While I bought the game sometime last year, this is my first time really playing it since I just got a new GPU two weeks ago. My old RX 580 would overheat and crap out 15-20 minutes into a 1080p30 all low session. It's so very sweet playing it in 2K60 high with HDR.

Comment

Working...
              X