Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user1 View Post

That was sarcasm...
    Sarcasm is used to make a point and your point was simply wrong. I don't care if you're wrong in a serious or sarcastic manner, you're still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

They shut down Inbox, even though everyone I knew who used google mail, used Inbox while it was available. They say they integrated the learnings from Inbox into GMail, but they didn't, they integrated all of the useless crap (auto replies) and none of the useful things: pinning and a general UI that encourages zeroing unreads. Inbox was entirely based on existing GMail infrastructure, but they shut it down shortly after launching it.
      I hear you, though that one is easy to see why they decided to do it since they already had an existing (and more profitable) e-mail service in GMail so the obvious business decision is to merge them. Then of course comes the problem that they terminated Inbox before having merged all the features to GMail and once Inbox was terminated there where no longer any pressure on Google to merge the features (while Inbox existed there where pressure since they wanted to close it down).

I very much fail to see how that in any way would be indicative of them deciding to shutting down GMail, that will only happen if they loose enough users so it no longer are profitable or if they will launch a new e-mail service (highly unlikely but not impossible, and if so then at least the service of e-mail is still something that they will offer).

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
        The thing is gamers know this too because most PC build instructions say to put the GPU in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU for lower latency and lag, in that case we are talking about mear inches but the gamer knows that electricity travels at the speed of light so the closer the GPU and CPU are physically the better the performance.
        That is not why the build instructions tell you to use that slot. The reason is that this specific 16x slot goes directly to the CPU while the others goes via the PCH (Platform Controller Hub) which is not just one more chip to go through but also a chip that have a much lower bandwidth than the direct to CPU lane the first slot have. We are not at GPU speeds yet where latency over inches matter (electrical signals travels at around 10 inches per nanosecond).
        Last edited by F.Ultra; 30 September 2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slagiewka View Post

It's the 14 M1 Pro. The problem is that the manual for M28U mentions supported resolutions and refresh rates for HDMI 2.1 and DP 1.4. I can't find any details what's the limit for the USB-C port. I know it runs 4K 60 with PD (though only 15 W), but Gigabyte is quiet on the limits. Not even what type C cable to use. I have a 10 Gbps cable, but that's obviously not enough. I might eventually buy some 40Gbps cable and see where it leads me. But this is guess work at this point.

​
          Yeah do that, I have exact same setup with 40gbps cable and it goes 4k 144hz on both Mac and AMD GPU via DP.
          Unfortunately M28U KVM is a bit dodgy and switching does not work perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post

Sarcasm is used to make a point and your point was simply wrong. I don't care if you're wrong in a serious or sarcastic manner, you're still wrong.
            I don't understand what you're talking about. I remember shortly after Stadia was announced, Google made some sort of Q&A session where someone asked about the game preserverance issue. I don't see how my point is wrong, because it's not a baseless claim.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

That is not why the build instructions tell you to use that slot. The reason is that this specific 16x slot goes directly to the CPU while the others goes via the PCH (Platform Controller Hub) which is not just one more chip to go through but also a chip that have a much lower bandwidth than the direct to CPU lane the first slot have. We are not at GPU speeds yet where latency over inches matter (electrical signals travels at around 10 inches per nanosecond).
              OK gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

and yet some mobos still fuck up that iommu grouping some how

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post

Me and several of my relatives have low-mid computers and fast internet, so Stadia would have been okay for us.

But I figured it wasn't worth trying at all unless it was wildly successful in the first year. I figured otherwise, just as I got used to it Google would kill it.

So I'm the 30th person, give or take, on this discussion thread who saw this Stadia execution notice coming from miles away.
                  But why? What if internet is cut off, or simply you can now afford fast Graphics Card? Then Stadia offer pales in comparison what you can have in your own home without signing up to any EULA and paying regularly for your ability to play games.
                  I would NEVER consider renting through Internet the ability to use my GPU as I wish.
                  Last edited by piorunz; 01 October 2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Here's something positive:

"While Stadia will shut down on January 18th, 2023, we're happy to share that we're currently working to bring the games you own on Stadia to PC through Ubisoft Connect," Ubisoft senior corporate communications manager Jessica Roache told The Verge. "We'll have more to share regarding specific details as well as the impact for Ubisoft+ subscribers at a later date." Google has already shut down the Stadia store, so if you were thinking of buying an Ubisoft game, getting a refund, then gaining access to the PC version for free, you're out of luck. Ubisoft hasn't revealed when it will offer Stadia players access to their games on Ubisoft Connect. It also hasn't confirmed whether Stadians will be able to transfer their save data over to PC. That said, the Ubisoft+ subscription service includes a cloud save feature, so hopefully the company can figure out a way to maintain players' progress if they switch to a PC version.

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post

Friendly reminder that you wouldn't steal a car (maybe), or commit genocide (I hope) but that downloading movies online is not stealing or genocide just because a bunch of lawyers and people with poor trade ethics say so.
                      The message i quoted implies " even if that service was available in those regions, people still would pirate the games so they wouldn't use it" which my question is " with what hardware? ".

Stadia had completely stupid strategy with battling against consoles/PC's in wealthy regions that people can buy hardware just fine; even if they are belong to lowest paycheck group. Hell, even that a kid can get a very decent PC that can handle recent AAA's just fine ( no less than 60 fps ) with just mowing lawn for a month or maybe a little bit more than that.

So that is where Stadia chose to compete and ultimately failed. Why would a person living in such region would give up on local gaming when local gaming is easily accessible and superior to cloud gaming in nearly every way?

So ultimately i think implying that people on poorer areas would pirate games anyways is a very dumb thing to imply.

If anything, most common electronic device on such places is Android smartphones. Where as on countries like USA it is Iphone; which is considered as a premium on poor countries due to crazy price difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X