Google Shutting Down Its Stadia Game Streaming Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slagiewka View Post

That's why I precisely said HDMI. I used to run DP to my M28U with 4K 144Hz. But it only has 1 DP and now it's occupied by my MacBook Pro.

HDMI 2.1 is pretty much a won't fix at this point. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1417 . It works wonders on Windows so I'm back to gaming on it.
    If you have a Mac just use USB-C connector on M28U it will charge it as well. (Assuming that you have relatively decent MacBook). It is display port over USB-C so win win.

Comment

Oh noeeesss!!!! If only someone could have predicted this exact outcome would happen! How could we have known!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

With Steam you should know what you're getting into. Only the most naive believes you 'own' any games from Steam. It's more of a permanent rental instead.
        Exactly, only a real twit would believe that they "own" a game from the Steam DRM platform. I would go so far to say it is an unspecified time limited rental more than "permanent" though.

However, for the Stadia, I feel I should get a "refund" for having to put up with all the wonkers online telling everyone me how the service will be around forever and that we just have slow internet, we're paranoid, blah, blah, verbal diarrhea, etc.

Just a big ol' fat waste of everyones time. But, its probably Unity3D next to go and then some years later probably Steam. Exciting!

Comment

That's why I precisely said HDMI. I used to run DP to my M28U with 4K 144Hz. But it only has 1 DP and now it's occupied by my MacBook Pro.

HDMI 2.1 is pretty much a won't fix at this point. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1417 . It works wonders on Windows so I'm back to gaming on it.
          HDMI was never my concern. When I read up on how to get 4K monitor on Linux, and then second 4K 144Hz monitor on Linux, DP cable came up, that's what I purchased and its working like a charm without fail. Never had to deal with HDMI and whatever issues it may have. Research pays.

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post

HDMI was never my concern. When I read up on how to get 4K monitor on Linux, and then second 4K 144Hz monitor on Linux, DP cable came up, that's what I purchased and its working like a charm without fail. Never had to deal with HDMI and whatever issues it may have. Research pays.
            Good for you.

Comment

Did anyone trust google not to do this? When I first heard about Stadia I just thought what's the point? Google will drop it in a few years - like almost every other one of their products

Comment

Video and music streaming.
                Those aren't interactive. No need for a good upstream connection and they can be buffered for more than a fraction of a second. Game streaming is far more demanding, like everything else to do with gaming.

Comment

YES! Please let this utterly idiotic concept stay dead this time.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    The scam is dead. Good.

"Buying" games my ass. How was this even legal?
                    Well everyone is getting a refund at least.. Well except developers, however one would presume they got paid millions up front to create the ports...

And whats the bet NONE of these linux converted games will ever see the daylight again...

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
                      So we must keep gaming on our own Linux PCs in 4K 144Hz instead of renting expensive, latency ridden service? Such a loss.
                      Me and several of my relatives have low-mid computers and fast internet, so Stadia would have been okay for us.

But I figured it wasn't worth trying at all unless it was wildly successful in the first year. I figured otherwise, just as I got used to it Google would kill it.

So I'm the 30th person, give or take, on this discussion thread who saw this Stadia execution notice coming from miles away.

Comment

Working...
                      X