Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Shutting Down Its Stadia Game Streaming Service

Phoronix: Google Shutting Down Its Stadia Game Streaming Service

Back in 2019 Google announced Stadia as their cloud gaming service using Linux, embracing Vulkan, and leveraging AMD graphics. While promising at first, it's been dwindling down and Google announced today they are in the process of shutting down this streaming service...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Google Graveyard - Killed by Google

Comment

And here I was hoping that I could get Stadia one day! It turns out that they killed it before being available everywhere.
      I think these cloud streaming services would be more popular on places where consoles and games are relatively expensive (where your purchasing power is lower).

Comment

It was inevitable. It survived a year longer than I expected.

Comment

Well, this was kinda unexpected.. I thought Google calmed down everyone who was worrying about game preserverance when it announced Stadia.

Comment

Gee, who could have predicted. Certainly not I... /s

Comment

Originally posted by euduvda View Post
              And here I was hoping that I could get Stadia one day! It turns out that they killed it before being available everywhere.
              I think these cloud streaming services would be more popular on places where consoles and games are relatively expensive (where your purchasing power is lower).
              Often where purchasing power is lower stealing skill is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
                That is awesome! Google is awesome at experimenting... building something crazy... that has never worked for anyone else... and then killing it a few years later. I had no idea it was this many though!

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Often where purchasing power is lower stealing skill is higher.
                  Oh! You mean like 10 years ago, right!?

Look what streaming did to piracy... that's the potential.

Comment

as an admin of a google apps (or is it called workspace now?) domain, I'm just waiting for them to cancel GMail one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X