No announcement yet.

Cemu Emulator For The Wii U Now Open-Source, Building On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii U had great games, good that they get to live on without having to pull out all the hardware it required

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      Too little too late. Most if not all Wii U games have been brought over to the Switch as Deluxe editions, and Yuzu has the same system requirements as CEMU. Yuzu has been open source and on Linux for a long time. Maybe if CEMU was open source and ported to Linux 5 years ago then it would have been amazing, since 5 years ago Yuzu wasn't exactly as performant and compatible like CEMU is. But today, there's really no need to use CEMU unless you only have access to Wii U roms and you didn't get a modded Nintendo Switch.
      Cemu is generally said to perform much better than Yuzu and Ryujinx, so Cemu is the preferred option for e.g. Zelda BOTW, where the game contents are the same between versions.

Also I think there's a Xenoblade game that never got a Switch port

Comment

This is the most efficient emulator I've ever seen in my life. And it's not any big project of many people, most of the work was done by 1 brilliant person.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

Cemu is generally said to perform much better than Yuzu and Ryujinx, so Cemu is the preferred option for e.g. Zelda BOTW, where the game contents are the same between versions.

Also I think there's a Xenoblade game that never got a Switch port
          Xenoblade Chronicles X. No Switch port exists.Beautiful game, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
            Does motion control work for controllers with motion control?
            Yes, but you may need a tool that translate the gamepad data to the DSU format that the emulators use. On the Steamdeck i use SteamDeckGyroDSU for that and works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
            X