Cemu Emulator For The Wii U Now Open-Source, Building On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
    I had to google, what is that motion control. The last Zelda was primarily for Switch, which doesn't have it, so the gameplay is obviously optimized not to require it.
    The Switch and Switch lite do support motion input. BOTW (I don't know if that is "the last Zelda") absolutely required motion control for some shrines - unless you are some speedrunner that skips half the level anyways. There are not many shrines that require motion control. Maybe 5-10.

Comment

Good that game is not limited to Switch only, which is not yet emulated.
      Switch version of BOTW has been playable on yuzu for quite a while now.

I had to google, what is that motion control.
      I think he meant the gyro - it's mandatory for a few puzzles. I recall it working with the DS4's gyro though I used my phone's accelerometer via some plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by BreachScrambler View Post
        I think he meant the gyro - it's mandatory for a few puzzles. I recall it working with the DS4's gyro though I used my phone's accelerometer via some plugin.
        Yeah Gyro. My fault. In CEMU you can use your mouse to control Gyro (works really bad) or connect some motion controller via TCP. Yuzu on the other hand directly supports DS4 controllers including Gyro.

Comment

Too little too late. Most if not all Wii U games have been brought over to the Switch as Deluxe editions, and Yuzu has the same system requirements as CEMU. Yuzu has been open source and on Linux for a long time. Maybe if CEMU was open source and ported to Linux 5 years ago then it would have been amazing, since 5 years ago Yuzu wasn't exactly as performant and compatible like CEMU is. But today, there's really no need to use CEMU unless you only have access to Wii U roms and you didn't get a modded Nintendo Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post

Yeah Gyro. My fault. In CEMU you can use your mouse to control Gyro (works really bad) or connect some motion controller via TCP. Yuzu on the other hand directly supports DS4 controllers including Gyro.
            I used my phone for Gyro controls in CEMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              I used my phone for Gyro controls in CEMU.
              I know its possible. I'm just saying: Yuzu has perfect controller Support including Gyro out of the box. Cemu+Wine is much more difficult to use. It works perfectly if configured and used correctly, but Yuzu >> Cemu+wine from a usability POV.

Comment

Steam remote play works fine with Cemu, including gamepad commands. I use an old cheap USB gamepad and stream the game from a powerful loud server hidden in the attic. I used it for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Good that game is not limited to Switch only, which is not yet emulated.
                That's fundamentally false. There's not one, but TWO Switch Emulators in existence right now. They've been around for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lbibass View Post

That's fundamentally false. There's not one, but TWO Switch Emulators in existence right now. They've been around for years.
                  Ok, that's great. Checking the web of the one mentioned here, I'm fine running the Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Cemu. Looks the same (I saw it on a real Switch), doesn't need access to an older version of Switch to download system files from and runs fine on my old PC (even my fast server in my attic is just the minimum requirements for that Switch emulator).

Comment

cant say I really care all that much myself, ryujnix will pretty much play any of the games I am actually interested in

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
                      Great to see that! I am a little bit sad that there is no commit history present.
                      Further raises suspicions that they stole open-source code in the original closed-source codebase...

Let's just hope they don't pull a Bazz (pay for latest version without source!) or a ProtonMail (development happens behind the curtain)...
                      Last edited by tildearrow; 24 August 2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X