Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Expanding Steam Deck Availability To Asian Markets

Phoronix: Valve Expanding Steam Deck Availability To Asian Markets

In addition to continuing to ramp up their Steam Deck production to fulfill existing pre-order reservations this calendar year thanks to addressing supply chain bottlenecks, Valve announced today that in partnership with Komodo they are bringing this Linux-powered gaming console to Asian markets...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

> Ľ59,800

I think you meant:

JPY 59,800

> KRW 589,000 in Korea

I'd expect you meant South Korea

Comment

60k isn't a bad price, but weren't they already struggling to supply the western market due to high demand?

Comment

Originally posted by programmerjake View Post
        > Ľ59,800

I think you meant:

JPY 59,800

> KRW 589,000 in Korea

Nobody has to say "South Korea" in this context, nobody thinks there's a market for Steam Deck in the land of Juche.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Nobody has to say "South Korea" in this context, nobody thinks there's a market for Steam Deck in the land of Juche.
          Depends, if Valve builds them a high rise hotel in Pyongyang maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by programmerjake View Post
            >

That's not the proper name of any country. I'd expect you meant The Republic of Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Inopia View Post

That's not the proper name of any country. I'd expect you meant The Republic of Korea.
              Commonly referred to as South Korea. If you look for "Republic of Korea" on Wikipedia, it redirects to South Korea.

Comment

Same with Taiwan, its official name is Republic of China or ROC.

At any rate, when do we get them in Australia!?!? Want to get my 5yr old son one for his Lego games and Sonic collection!

Comment

What about Switzerland? Every neighbouring country has it…

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    60k isn't a bad price, but weren't they already struggling to supply the western market due to high demand?
                    Apparently they've gotten through the backlog to the point where they can fulfill new orders within a month.

Comment

Working...
                    X