Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 7.10 Brings Fix For Epic Games Launcher Crash

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 7.10 Brings Fix For Epic Games Launcher Crash

Building off yesterday's release of Wine 7.10, Wine-Staging 7.10 is now available as the newest release of that experimental/testing flavor of Wine that ships with more than 500 extra patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmmm, I had no problem using Epic Launcher with wine-staging 7.9, it worked fine. But fixes are always welcome!

Comment

Does iTunes work yet?

Comment

There's Heroic launcher for anyone unaware (open-source alternative to Epic Games Launcher): https://github.com/Heroic-Games-Laun...cGamesLauncher

It integrates nicely with Linux!

Comment

Epic Gays launcher is crap. Honestly it's a disgrace, how can they mess up a game storefront/launcher this badly? it's like they don't give a flying fuck about the actual users and do everything in their power to make the launcher as bad as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
            There's Heroic launcher for anyone unaware (open-source alternative to Epic Games Launcher): https://github.com/Heroic-Games-Laun...cGamesLauncher

It integrates nicely with Linux!
            I saw this on the web after reading the article. I must say, i am quite shocked how well it works. Since yesterday i have been playing "Wolfenstein New order"(its free btw in the store) and it works as if its a native game. I guess directx over vulkan is used. Wine-manager option is just awesome being able to select proton without using steam to do it.

Is there something similar to EA Origin? (I have read that EA has no api to allow third party devs to develop an alternative to their origin client, while Gog and Epic Games do). I have my "Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Edition", i would really like to play.

Comment

Originally posted by shinger View Post
              Is there something similar to EA Origin? (I have read that EA has no api to allow third party devs to develop an alternative to their origin client, while Gog and Epic Games do). I have my "Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Edition", i would really like to play.
              Only for looking at your games and downloading them. Install and running won'T work:

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post

Only for looking at your games and downloading them. Install and running won'T work:
                https://github.com/Imposter/otool
                Well that's already a big help. Thanks!!

Comment

Anyone know a version of Wine Staging that has Proton patches?

Comment

its not work

Comment

Working...
                    X