No announcement yet.

Caster has gone Gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used the 2nd patch to create an updated joystick package for Kanotix now. Works fine. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Used the 2nd patch to create an updated joystick package for Kanotix now. Works fine. Thank you!
      You know that patch might still need some work?
      Did you tough about pushing it to upstream, because right now I'm filling bug in debian bts:#529865.
      And where I can find your new package to examine it?
      Last edited by sobkas; 21 May 2009, 06:16 PM.
      RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Heh... We probably ought to propagate this a wide and far now it's in Kanotix.

Comment

@sobkas

I can update it when it does not work for others. You could add a description too. Currently it is called like you, look:

I do not fill out debian bug reports, i contact dev usually directly if needed. The debian response time is too slow for me, therefore i put all needed updates directly in my repository, also my new system is based on lenny, hard to get updates in there...

Comment

@sobkas

I can update it when it does not work for others. You could add a description too. Currently it is called like you, look:

"
            Remapping axes (-u) will move their calibration settings with them.
            Printing current mappings might sometimes encounter problems while getting button configuration. In this case buttons number is set to 0 and the faulty reading is ignored. Remapping function support this workaround.
            "
            This is the best thing I can write right now.
            I do not fill out debian bug reports, i contact dev usually directly if needed. The debian response time is too slow for me, therefore i put all needed updates directly in my repository, also my new system is based on lenny, hard to get updates in there...
            It's already there.
            http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=529865 and joystick package development is pretty slow so same version is in lenny and sid.
            RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

I recently bought Caster, and it's pretty nice- runs well on my Intel 945 chip except for some brutal slowdowns- which make at least The Beaten Path unfinishable for me.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the cool terrain-deforming capabilities- it reminds me of the feature from Red Faction.

There's a (bug?) that can get you stuck on Treacherous Tower if you don't have a high enough (4+ I believe) super jump. If you jump down to the bottom to collect the energy sphere, it can end up being too steep to get back up.

Other than that, it's a fine game that runs surprisingly well.

Comment

Well wine does not work on intel i guess, but if you have got Win, then dl you could try the Win demo + replace the data dir by the Linux one. It works the other way too, just some gfx gliches, i guess the Linux engine is older. Using nvidia gfx wine works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
                  I recently bought Caster, and it's pretty nice- runs well on my Intel 945 chip except for some brutal slowdowns- which make at least The Beaten Path unfinishable for me.
                  The slowdowns problem is being checked into right now. I may have an answer in hand, but I won't say until it's been fully vetted. (Probably will be a thumbs up/thumbs down decision made on it tomorrow and we'll have it in your hands to see if the known issue there is resolved...)

There's a (bug?) that can get you stuck on Treacherous Tower if you don't have a high enough (4+ I believe) super jump. If you jump down to the bottom to collect the energy sphere, it can end up being too steep to get back up.
                  I'll check into that. Might need to have a bit of the terrain adjusted for people. He's working on Chapter 2 right now, so if there's an issue there, he can probably tune it a bit better.

Comment

might want to look at threading it aswell. All things said, on my Q6600 it rapes CPU4 100%. I also get slowdowns quite frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                      might want to look at threading it aswell. All things said, on my Q6600 it rapes CPU4 100%. I also get slowdowns quite frequently.
                      Heh... We think we found it. It was something in the potential collision set computation that caused people to trip right off the L2 under some cases (depending on system activity in the background, etc...) and bog it down like it was doing. It didn't show on my main desktop because I've got 12Mb of L2 on it and the other machines are pared down a bit so I wouldn't see it except on my laptop. We're looking for a few other nice n' nasty issues of the same caliber lurking before pushing an update out. I expect something to be pushed out to the public in a couple of days or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X