• Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Steam Deck?!

Leave a comment:

• Teggs
    replied
    This matches a long-term trend over at GamingOnLinux where Arch and derivatives have moved ahead of Ubuntu and derivatives in adoption. Also, KDE moved ahead of GNOME, and this was in progress before Steam Deck.

It's almost as if being openly hostile to gaming drives people away from your software. Who could have predicted such a thing?

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by rmnscnce View Post
    Title's a bit misleading. While the singular Arch Linux entry has triumphed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu's actual share is at least 0.22% so it still tops Arch Linux by a long shot. I would imagine this is because of the recent Ubuntu 22.04 LTS release and people finding themselves upgrading their machines.

Yes, the article explained this in detail but that's not what people would have understood from just reading the title.
    If we want to play that game then Arch has 12.85 + (Manjaro) 11.09 + (SteamOS) 5.23 = 29.17% of the Linux Market Share, which tops the (Ubuntu 20.04) 11.75 + (Ubuntu 22.04) 8.04 + (Linux Mint) 5.97 = 25.76% visible

So.. based on the available data, no Arch is still ahead :P

Leave a comment:

• Vermilion
    replied
    Steam Deck's custom AMD APU is now the second most popular GPU on Linux at 5.20%

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by rmnscnce View Post
    Title's a bit misleading. While the singular Arch Linux entry has triumphed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu's actual share is at least 0.22% so it still tops Arch Linux by a long shot. I would imagine this is because of the recent Ubuntu 22.04 LTS release and people finding themselves upgrading their machines.

Yes, the article explained this in detail but that's not what people would have understood from just reading the title.
    Nah, I don't think it's misleading. The title says "Hits Top Linux Spot"; it didn't say that Arch now has the largest market share or something like that. Everyone should know that a single OS can reserve multiple spots in this list.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
    Windows 96.68% and +0.37p.p.
    Linux 1.12 and -0.02p.p

So, if trends steel in few years Linux will disappeared.
    I still don't understand why some Windows fans like to visit this website. Is it just for trolling?

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Fuck Snaps!
    I hate this garbage.

Leave a comment:

• rmnscnce
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Windows 96.68% and +0.37p.p.
    Linux 1.12 and -0.02p.p

So, if trends steel in few years Linux will disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• Chaython
    replied
    I had a much better time with manjaro than ubuntu
    but manjaro doesn't have a secure boot signed drivers/kernel. So I switched to Ubuntu. This was so I could play valorant in windows 11. But with secure boot windows is actually unstable for me anyways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X