Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amano View Post

No. Dumb zealots hate it. Cool people use it
    and then, ... all distributions will adopt snap... totally happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

If we want to play that game then Arch has 12.85 + (Manjaro) 11.09 + (SteamOS) 5.23 = 29.17% of the Linux Market Share, which tops the (Ubuntu 20.04) 11.75 + (Ubuntu 22.04) 8.04 + (Linux Mint) 5.97 = 25.76% visible

So.. based on the available data, no Arch is still ahead :P
      isn't steamos (dekstop) based on debian still?

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post

Not according to Wikipedia:

"It runs SteamOS 3.0, which is based on the Arch Linux distribution with a KDE Plasma 5 desktop, rather than the Debian base with GNOME desktop used for earlier versions of SteamOS."

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Let's start with the fact that no one shat on Linux in the message he replied to. The original message was a bloody joke which the Linux fan got offended by. If you don't see how it's an egregious tilt, I've got nothing for you. Anyways, I'm tired of rampant Linux fans, so I'm
          You're tired, but you like to torture yourself 'cuz you keep coming back here to say the exact same thing over and over

Comment

steamos 3.0 is based on arch, you can already get unofficial ISOs like holoiso for the early experience

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

You're tired, but you like to torture yourself 'cuz you keep coming back here to say the exact same thing over and over
              Rampant Linux fans are not in all discussions but only in those which are close to their hearts. e.g. Linux gaming and Wayland. Others are relatively quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

steamos 3.0 is based on arch, you can already get unofficial ISOs like holoiso for the early experience
                "SteamOS is our Linux-based operating system. The base system draws from Debian 8" according to this.

i guess they forgot to update this page

Comment

"SteamOS is our Linux-based operating system. The base system draws from Debian 8" according to this.

i guess they forgot to update this page
                  they haven 't updated to steam os 3.0 for generic images that you would use for your own steam machine so it's still accurate. the holoiso and alike are unofficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghjnut

Goes to a linux fan-boy site.

Bitches about fan-boys
                    This ain't an exclusively Linux fan-only site...
                    It mostly has Linux enthusiasts, some of them Linux fans, but not all (e.g. I use Linux but I am aware of its pitfalls and sometimes I hate those).

Also, there is the occasional Windows or macOS article ;p

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                      This ain't an exclusively Linux fan-only site...
                      It mostly has Linux enthusiasts, some of them Linux fans, but not all (e.g. I use Linux but I am aware of its pitfalls and sometimes I hate those).
                      Also, there is the occasional Windows or macOS article ;p
                      to be honest i do not unterstand and i do not get the point why birdie is in this forum and what is his message.

i read all or nearly all the posts here and most people have a clear opinion and a clear message and a clear goal...

but birdie ?? who knows his true intension... he claims he love linux and he comes fromt he linux country russia who are the most country closely tied to linux and so one and so one. and then you read all the anti linux anti gnome anti wayland anti opensource anti libre anti freedom and so one garbage from this person... its madness...

some people here in this forum have websites with enemy list and they put on on their enemy list for example if you tell them that KDE is CLA-WAR garbage and by this can not be the solution for the open-source market. if someone want 'KDE like workflow desktop and no CLA-WAR they use Cinnamon Desktop. and i really dont get why valve steam deck is on "kde"

in my point of view this QT company is pure toxic for linux. and Valve should switch to Cinnamon Desktop to.
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                      X