Arch Linux Hits Top Linux Spot Over Ubuntu In May's Steam Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

Since when has Ubuntu been "openly hostile" to gaming?
    Please stop pulling imaginary things out of your ... thin air!
    Did you actually read the referenced articles? Ubuntu out of dubious reasons (at best) completely killed 32bit support on their distro when the majority of games are still compiled for 32 bit. That is hostile to gaming and this is even worse than the gaming situation for Mac's (i.e. not supporting Vulkan) and that's already a really low bar because there was no legitimate reason for Ubuntu to do this if they just bothered to spend a little bit of effort (they have the resources) to figure this out.

Apple at least has some legitimacy to their reasons, when they designed Metal, Vulkan wasn't really mature and of course their M1 is ARM based but what Ubuntu was just kinda inexcusable. Well they lost SteamOS so they can pat themselves on the back.
    Last edited by mdedetrich; 02 June 2022, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
      ...Ubuntu only exasperates those issues, not solving it.
      ...Ubuntu only exacerbates those issues, not solving them.

If English is not your first language, please take the above as friendly advice. If English is your first language, please take a little more care to write in a way that is easy for others to read and set a good example for others to follow.

Comment

Interesting since Arch isn't really for Newbies. Personally I prefer Xubuntu but I really hate Snaps...

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

I still don't understand why some Windows fans like to visit this website. Is it just for trolling?
          I still don't understand why Linux fans get tilted as soon as they are reminded where Linux is. You consciously chose a weird quirky obscure ill-suited OS to run on your PC/laptop because ... reasons (its open sourcedness is a fucking stupid joke because none of you have ever verified you're running the exact sources it was built from) and being reminded of that makes you feel mad? The fuck? Really? More privacy maybe? Again, a fucking joke, as a Linux user it's easier to follow you/spy on you than on most Windows 10 users who have exactly the same software configuration.

I've been running Linux almost exclusively since the late 90s, far longer than many of Linux fans here have lived and I'm totally OK with this: I run a shit OS and I don't imagine it's OK. I just like tinkering with it, posting bug reports, debugging issues, etc. etc. etc. It's my hobby.

If Linux is a statement for you, maybe a psychologist could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post

...Ubuntu only exacerbates those issues, not solving them.

If English is not your first language, please take the above as friendly advice. If English is your first language, please take a little more care to write in a way that is easy for others to read and set a good example for others to follow.
            brah who cares

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I still don't understand why Linux fans get tilted as soon as they are reminded where Linux is. You consciously chose a weird quirky obscure ill-suited OS to run on your PC/laptop because ... reasons (its open sourcedness is a fucking stupid joke because none of you have ever verified you're running the exact sources it was built from) and being reminded of that makes you feel mad? The fuck? Really? More privacy maybe? Again, a fucking joke, as a Linux user it's easier to follow you/spy on you than on most Windows 10 users who have exactly the same software configuration.

I've been running Linux almost exclusively since the late 90s, far longer than many of Linux fans here have lived and I'm totally OK with this: I run a shit OS and I don't imagine it's OK. I just like tinkering with it, posting bug reports, debugging issues, etc. etc. etc. It's my hobby.

If Linux is a statement for you, maybe a psychologist could help.
              I think the only one titled here is you... You went from 0 to 100 over a basic post and someone's reply to it.. Might need to get that checked out.. that's some serious keyboard hero anger lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJBurger View Post

I think the only one titled here is you... You went from 0 to 100 over a basic post and someone's reply to it.. Might need to get that checked out.. that's some serious keyboard hero anger lol.
                Anger? I'm laughing all the way to the OP.

Titled? Not sure what you meant. I was talking about being "tilted", not "titled".

Does the truth get on your nerves? It happens but the sooner you learn to accept it the better.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Anger? I'm laughing all the way to the OP.

Titled? Not sure what you meant. I was talking about being "tilted", not "titled".

Does the truth get on your nerves? It happens but the sooner you learn to accept it the better.
                  Yeah I typo'd tilted sorry you didn't figure that out but atleast now you know! No it doesn't get on my nerves, I am currently off linux using the latest W11 dev build for a few select gaming reasons and enjoying it. But seeing your post was like damn... that is some serious mental issues, xD. I enjoy Phoronix in the morning with my coffee to see if there is any exciting news for me to jump back and test out my arch linux again. Sadly W11 is still doing it better for a few things at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJBurger View Post

Yeah I typo'd tilted sorry you didn't figure that out but atleast now you know! No it doesn't get on my nerves, I am currently off linux using the latest W11 dev build for a few select gaming reasons and enjoying it. But seeing your post was like damn... that is some serious mental issues, xD. I enjoy Phoronix in the morning with my coffee to see if there is any exciting news for me to jump back and test out my arch linux again. Sadly W11 is still doing it better for a few things at this time.
                    Nice of you to confirm everything I wrote and having fun seeing how Linux fans continue to have a major PITA by using Linux. W11 is nice except for its Secure Boot, TPM 2.0 and modern GPU drivers requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                      Fuck Snaps!
                      I hate this garbage.
                      Flatpaks too.

Only AppImage and Arch's Pacman!

Comment

Working...
                      X