Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Linux Hits Top Linux Spot Over Ubuntu In May's Steam Survey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

    Nice of you to confirm everything I wrote and having fun seeing how Linux fans continue to have a major PITA by using Linux. W11 is nice except for its Secure Boot, TPM 2.0 and modern GPU drivers requirements.
    The post you originally commented on.. no it did not seem like he was tilted tbh it seemed the way he worded it. "Why do windows people come into a Linux forum just to shit on Linux" I get that and it's honestly a good question why do people who don't like (x) go out of there way to just cause an issue with the community of (x) Granted I think the original guy was joking but I don't think it justified someone going full rage mode on it. But hey man if that's the kind of person you are I can't stop you.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by SSJBurger View Post

      The post you originally commented on.. no it did not seem like he was tilted tbh it seemed the way he worded it. "Why do windows people come into a Linux forum just to shit on Linux" I get that and it's honestly a good question why do people who don't like (x) go out of there way to just cause an issue with the community of (x) Granted I think the original guy was joking but I don't think it justified someone going full rage mode on it. But hey man if that's the kind of person you are I can't stop you.
      Let's start with the fact that no one shat on Linux in the message he replied to. The original message was a bloody joke which the Linux fan got offended by. If you don't see how it's an egregious tilt, I've got nothing for you. Anyways, I'm tired of rampant Linux fans, so I'm out of this. Besides you've got nothing relevant to say. You're defending people while being on the other side of the fence. That's kinda insincere and almost offensive. And again, there's nothing to defend. People who get tilted from their affiliations are beyond being salvagable. You may say anything you want about Windows or Linux both of which I run. I don't effing care.
      Last edited by birdie; 02 June 2022, 09:09 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by birdie View Post

        Let's start with the fact that no one shat on Linux in the message he replied to. The original message was a bloody joke which the Linux fan got offended by. If you don't see how it's an egregious tilt, I've got nothing for you. Anyways, I'm tired of rampant Linux fans, so I'm out of this. Besides you've got nothing relevant to say. You're defending people while being on the other side of the fence. That's kinda insincere and almost offensive. And again, there's nothing to defend. People who get tilted from their affiliations are beyond being salvagable. You may say anything you want about Windows or Linux both of which I run. I don't effing care.
        Agreed people who get tilted for stupid reasons are beyond saving. Take care man and best of luck.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by discordian View Post
          Well, trolling some fans of a [email protected] drm-client on a site about free software should be FSF approved.
          ​​
          I don't play both games, but I wouldn't touch laggy and stuttery old source engine of CS:GO ever again.
          "Easy" fix would be Valve to fix frame time variance of the game's internal fps limiter, but instead they only break things more over time. Seems they make too much money to care.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Chaython View Post
            I had a much better time with manjaro than ubuntu
            but manjaro doesn't have a secure boot signed drivers/kernel. So I switched to Ubuntu. This was so I could play valorant in windows 11. But with secure boot windows is actually unstable for me anyways.
            https://forum.manjaro.org/t/howto-us...on-boot/101626

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              Fuck Snaps!
              I hate this garbage.
              Snap is like Electron, Closed Source Companies loves it, Open Source and people who care memory hates it.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Chaython View Post
                I had a much better time with manjaro than ubuntu
                but manjaro doesn't have a secure boot signed drivers/kernel. So I switched to Ubuntu. This was so I could play valorant in windows 11. But with secure boot windows is actually unstable for me anyways.
                Riot can port it to Linux / Mac but they choosed to stay Windows only, they are porting it to Android/iOS though. but there is hope as they increased headcount of devs with new office.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

                  Playing zoomer cs clone with kernel backdoor anticheat instead of linux native original csgo. Yikes.
                  it is not clone though, I love CS but it is outdated and Source is showing it's age with weird glitches, it is pretty hard to find Cheaters in Valorant whereas CS:Go has pretty bad track record specially for newcomers. Also Valorant devs actually listens to community a lot more than Valve.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by luno View Post

                    Snap is like Electron, Closed Source Companies loves it, Open Source and people who care memory hates it.
                    No. Dumb zealots hate it. Cool people use it

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Amano View Post

                      No. Dumb zealots hate it. Cool people use it
                      sadly this group doesn't include cool peoples from Africa and many third world countries who has very low power Devices to run Electron/ Snap apps and unstable electricity, just because we can have computer with 128 GB RAM doesn't mean we make our app inaccessible for millions of people. testing in crapware should be part of testing workflow for essential apps.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X