No announcement yet.

LGP Prepares For Massive 24-Hour Linux Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if LGP ever fixed their security issues on their site....

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      I wonder if LGP ever fixed their security issues on their site....
      lol not exactly something you should say when people are dishing out their credit cards for a big sale

Comment

If they would offer their games as a download only, payable via paypal, and at a regular price of less than/approximatly 20 euros I would be a happy customer.

Why not team up with greenhouse or some other linux compatible download ditributor? It is all a licensing issue?

Comment

Bought 7 games, plus another copy of X3: Reunion. That means 8.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
            lol not exactly something you should say when people are dishing out their credit cards for a big sale
            Well it's true. One of the reasons why I wouldn't buy from LGP. Would you trust your credit card to a site that is subject to xss exploits?

Last edited by deanjo; 08 May 2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Please, serious... can't be that difficult to add in a simple string-escape call to the error value obtained from the HTTP_GET. It's a one-liner and no-brainer... . Since how long is this now known? Over a year already?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                Please, serious... can't be that difficult to add in a simple string-escape call to the error value obtained from the HTTP_GET. It's a one-liner and no-brainer... . Since how long is this now known? Over a year already?
                It has been pointed out long ago. They obviously do not care about anything concerning their poorly written, buggy and outdated website. If they actually collect credit card numbers themselves, buyers should watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by krzta View Post
                  It has been pointed out long ago. They obviously do not care about anything concerning their poorly written, buggy and outdated website. If they actually collect credit card numbers themselves, buyers should watch out.
                  Amen brother.

Comment

i dont think LGP has bad intentions. But they need a better website then what they have now. I suggest they get with the times and offer download distro as its cheaper for everyone. It doesnt need to be like steam it just needs to be a pay and dl system which can be freely found on them interwebs. I dont think the linux community minds downloading from the internet, its kind of how we obtain our iso's. They really need to use paypal or something similar so that people can have peace of mind. some people use credit cards, I personally only ever use paypal money transfer.

Bottom line, the website is dated and so is the payment method.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                      i dont think LGP has bad intentions. But they need a better website then what they have now. I suggest they get with the times and offer download distro as its cheaper for everyone. It doesnt need to be like steam it just needs to be a pay and dl system which can be freely found on them interwebs. I dont think the linux community minds downloading from the internet, its kind of how we obtain our iso's. They really need to use paypal or something similar so that people can have peace of mind. some people use credit cards, I personally only ever use paypal money transfer.

Bottom line, the website is dated and so is the payment method.
                      bittorrent the iso, key the app. cheap and effective.

Comment

Working...
                      X