• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raka555
    replied
    Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

Wow exaggerate/sensationalist much?

Out of the 6 things on the list, you bold the one thing that is controversial? Even completely ignoring the fact that Wayland support from NVidia driver is very fresh where as everything else on that list is Linux ecosystem issues that have literally existed for years.

The only problem here is people pushing Wayland when its clearly not ready and in reality NVidia drivers is a tiny part of that problem.
    Yeah, it is clearly not ready.
    13 years are not enough to get this garbage stable ...

Leave a comment:

• StarterX4
    replied
    Not surprising at all. Most of Valve games are crashing when the SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland is set. It looks like Valve devs don't care about it.

Leave a comment:

• writequit
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie

Linux users: "We can hate and we love it so much!!!!!!!"
    Linux users: "It's always something other than us and Linux itself who's responsible for all our issues!!!"
    Linux users: "We've chosen an obscure open source OS, one of many, but the whole world owes us because of this choice!!!!"

Pathetic as ever.

13 likes from freeloaders/haters.
    No, we just say fuck you NVIDIA and buy AMD instead, why does it upset you so much?

Leave a comment:

• arun54321
    replied
    I would rather have minor inconveniences than have a space-wasting, not so good looking SSD. CSD is the best!!!!

Leave a comment:

• billyswong
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

See? This is why I wish every compositor implemented the server-side decorations protocol...
    CSD supporters probably don't think one may want to move / resize windows for hanged / busy applications. Or they don't think an application may be busy or hanged.

Leave a comment:

• abu_shawarib
    replied
    Is it me or did everyone just ignored the mentioned bug in libwayland?

On a different note, yes, I can attest to Nvidia driver being very buggy in Wayland, including basic issues such as xwayland window switching and sleep freezes. Expected given that support is new and KMS considered experimental.
    Last edited by abu_shawarib; 19 April 2022, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mangeek
    replied
    Originally posted by howarth View Post
    Matches what Ubuntu did yesterday for gdm3...
    NVIDIA's Linux strategy has failed so spectacularly that it's causing collateral damage to the rest of the open-source ecosystem. I think NVIDIA really needs to cooperate with and support the Nouveau team, or get a fully-functional open-source Vulkan driver out there. We need something, they can still keep their proprietary driver for corporate support, GRID VDI, and other big money projects. I just want to be able to use their products in a reasonable way that doesn't make me jump through hoops or bend my system into some alternate universe.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

I bolded the first item in the list because it was the first item in the list.

It is a well known fact though that Nvidia's driver has been a prime culprit in holding back Wayland.
    This is a fucking lie. Wayland is held back by its asinine design decisions and asinine implementations.

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
    Eternal Jensen "Leather Jacket" Huang strikes again...
    Yeah, he strikes straight into the brains of Linux users who suddenly lose dozens of IQ points when they see the word NVIDIA.

Leave a comment:

• ezst036
    replied
    Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
    Wow exaggerate/sensationalist much?

Out of the 6 things on the list, you bold the one thing that is controversial?
    I bolded the first item in the list because it was the first item in the list.

It is a well known fact though that Nvidia's driver has been a prime culprit in holding back Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by MadCatX View Post
    I've been on the latest KDE with Wayland for a few months now and the experience is perfectly fine. The one app that needs to get its stuff together is Zoom but even that mostly works.
    Mostly works? Webcam yes, screen share no. I guess you don't need that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X