Steam Deck AMD APU Performance For Non-Gaming CPU Workloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

AFAIK they said the steam deck doesn't have a low power dock vs undock mode.... you control power by limiting performance FPS etc... after all if the game needs the system to run full blast it has to do it even undocked.

Also not sure why you call it "slow" its Zen 2.... its low power yes but it isn't anything to sneeze at.... its 4x faster core per core than an Rpi 4.
    I believe it does have TDP controls in the UI via a "low power" mode.

Comment

Nice. I'll see how it goes, but will probably get me one of these devices
      Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Congrats to Valve. The amount of open source patches they've contributed in the run-up to this is quite impressive!

I wish I had a use case for one of these. It seems like it'd make an awesome controller for drones or robots.

Comment

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post

I believe it does have TDP controls in the UI via a "low power" mode.
          Yes, but it doesn't do so automatically it leaves you in control that was the point.

Comment

Ok, I'm currently enjoying the Metroid series on my "handheld consoles" (Dread on the Switch, Super Metroid and Metroid Zero on the 3DS - using Snes9x and mGBA).
            Will it be feasible to run Dolphin on the Steam Deck to play Metroid: Other M on that thing? I didn't finish it on my Wii and don't currently have a TV set-up so I would like to have a handheld alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_core View Post
              Beware! Michael Larabel is not a human being, but some alien sent from outer space(or maybe recovered from sputnik as secret russian weapon) to destroy human race!

Don't thrust him, what you usually see on photos is some kind of mask or CGI. The proof is reflection on SteamDeck 1st photo
              Careful, this is the internet. No matter how ridiculous something you say is, there are people who will believe it

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post

Careful, this is the internet. No matter how ridiculous something you say is, there are people who will believe it
                I know that, it's the reason I've cut it, because people would think I'm refering SteamDeck itself or something.
                But if you look on original/full-size photo, you will realize it looks much more scary(that what I cought, there's no mouth visible) and hard to phabricate (and that we, who saw/read it, are in real danger).
                Was thinking about contactng NASA/CIA, but world is currently busy with other things. Anyway we still don't know if it's 'glossy' or 'premium anti-glare etched glass...'.

Anyway I've reserved in 1st 15minutes, Q1 but still no e-mail, so I'm going a bit paranoid about it all ;-)

Comment

Yeah, I certainly see these menacing teeth on the left mouth too.

Comment

Working...
                  X