Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Survey Results For February 2022 Put Linux Right Above 1.0%

Phoronix: Steam Survey Results For February 2022 Put Linux Right Above 1.0%

After a week delay in processing of the monthly Steam Survey data, the Steam Survey results for February 2022 are in! Yes, the much anticipated Steam Deck did begin shipping in February, but at the tail-end and in limited quantities, so don't expect any big surprises.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The rise in Arch users could be due to early shipments of Steam Decks.

Comment

I would be surprised if steam OS 3 wasn't separate from Arch Linux. 0.01% is within margin of error and a couple of hundred review units wouldn't show up. The first devices shipped 28 feb

Comment

If the same trends continue this month then Arch Linux would become the most popular Linux distro on Steam.

Note that Arch numbers should be separate from Steam Deck, as the latter reports itself as "SteamOS Holo"

Comment

Tell Putin he can call off the invasion, Linux is over 1% in Steam!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            The rise in Arch users could be due to early shipments of Steam Decks.
            Nah. Even if it was grouped under "Arch," and even if these were March or April results, Valve is not shipping enough Decks to meaningfully move that number. They are ridiculously supply constrained atm, and probably will be through 2022.

I think its just becoming more popular as a "gaming" distro, at the expense of Ubuntu in particular, and different releases don't get split up in the survey.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Intel had a 69% marketshare.
              Nicee

Comment

Steam Survey now run every time when first run of the fresh Steam Client installation.

Comment

Third month still falling.

RIP Linux. Soon it will be zero .

Comment

I don't use Steam, but I have it installed because of one game that uses it, just don't play it much... Maybe I should make it a habit to log in and report my HW info.

Comment

Working...
                    X