Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to iD, Quake Live for Linux/MacOS are "Top Priority"...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to iD, Quake Live for Linux/MacOS are "Top Priority"...

Per the post over at the Quake Live forums on current progress, plans, etc. :

Mac/Linux

These have proved more difficult than expected, but we're getting close. We expect to also be testing Mac and Linux versions of QUAKE LIVE internally this month and then making those publicly available just as soon as we feel they are ready. This work is being done by a separate programmer in parallel with the other work that we're doing, and is his only priority - point being, that this is a top priority for us and not being delayed because of other work.

While I'm not holding my breath (heh...just remember UT3...yeah, I know it's iD, not Epic, but...), it's it's looking better for it and probably Rage as well. They wouldn't be pouring that sort of effort in unless it mattered to them.

• d2kx
    replied
    May 26, 2009

Originally posted by www.quakelive.com
    While most of the changes you will see are likely going to be the new map releases, we are busy on the new features we promised. Support for Linux and Mac is coming along nicely, as well as work on the private servers and leaderboards.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Denial is bliss. Didn't expect anything else though. Let's move on... certain GenToo folks will just never learn.

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    just a suggestion, how about disable some crap plugin from adobe?

well... what can i say.. the plugin works.. what the reason is on your box, i cannot tell, but i suspect its something user caused...

i run no-multilib profile, firefox 3.0.10, useflags java and custom-optimization, sun-jdk version 1.6.0.13, useflags X, alsa, jce, nsplugin.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Why don't you uninstall the plugin wrapper? It is useless anyway.
    If you would have read my post instead of quick-shotting this one here you would know <.=.<

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Why don't you uninstall the plugin wrapper? It is useless anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Not really. I had already deleted or simply "don't care" assigned bugs. Unless that system there changes I'm not going to touch that bug tracker again. Besides it's not important for me. I use Java usually only standalone and next to never applets. And if so I use Konqueror waiting until they fix this on their own ( upstream ). I know others are more pissed by this situation but unless something happens inside the GenToo administration things won't work faster. Just minding my own business fixing what I can fix right now. That helps more than wasting time getting kicked on the bug tracker.

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    Well. nobody here is calling you a liar and reading your other posts here on the board it's pretty obvious you're no moron. Just trying to help. :P
    How about filing a bug on bugs.gentoo.org? A quick search for "java plugin" didn't bring up any issues that sounded similiar to yours.
    I'm sure it will be accepted when you provide enough information (eg eselect java-nsplugin list, ls -l /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugin/ and of course emerge --info). Maybe the maintainers just aren't fully aware of this problem, or can't be sure it's not just a configuration-issue.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    ls -l /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins
    total 0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 59 2009-05-17 00:25 javaplugin.so -> /usr/share/java-config-2/nsplugin/sun-jdk-1.6-javaplugin.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 2009-03-14 19:03 libflashplayer.so -> /opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 52 2008-10-04 18:26 npwrapper.so -> /usr/lib64/nspluginwrapper/x86_64/linux/npwrapper.so
    As you can see, the lib is there but it is utterly malfunctioning. With other words: NOT WORKING. Which is what I say all the time and all the other people which those GenToo slackers label now "morons" or "liars". This is one of the problem with GenToo board in general. They tend to think they own the fucking place and ignoring errors makes those going fucking vanish into oblivion! Guess what, reality is NOT like this. Trying to ignore errors is fucking M$ mentality and has nothing lost in the free software realm.

Most important hacker rule: "It's not important what works but what DOESN'T since this improves software"

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    @Dragonlord:
    What does ls -l /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/ say?
    If there's no symlink to /opt/foo/bar.so (don't know the exact directory anymore, something with sun in it... switched to IcedTea a while ago) you might as well create it yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X