Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to iD, Quake Live for Linux/MacOS are "Top Priority"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Then a heck lot of people would be "morons" which I doubt. Are you sure you run "real" 64-bit and not through a 32-bit layer or using the multi-lib abstraction? Since these are pulled in automatically if you have an 32-bit Java plugin.
    I'm running 64bit and both openJDK6 and the binary from sun work fine, and this isn't using multi-libs.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      But java is slow, and , all around crap. I think its only used in mobile phone games.
      I used to think along those lines until I found ProjectX, which does its job so well that I just can't work up the energy to care about the other Java programs that disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
        I'm running 64bit and both openJDK6 and the binary from sun work fine, and this isn't using multi-libs.
        I can test here with all machines I've got ( 5 or so ) with two different distros and 64-bit is not working. Are you using an unofficial, experimental build? Because I remember from the GenToo forums that somebody mentioned that you could try the highly experimental build from Sun itself which might work but also might not.

Comment

Then a heck lot of people would be "morons" which I doubt. Are you sure you run "real" 64-bit and not through a 32-bit layer or using the multi-lib abstraction? Since these are pulled in automatically if you have an 32-bit Java plugin.
          1000% sure. No unofficial. It wouldn't be the first time gentoo has issues like this.

Comment

I can test here with all machines I've got ( 5 or so ) with two different distros and 64-bit is not working. Are you using an unofficial, experimental build? Because I remember from the GenToo forums that somebody mentioned that you could try the highly experimental build from Sun itself which might work but also might not.
            I tested JRE 6 update 13 (the lastest one).

Comment

i think what we need here is a java support thread XD

Comment

Yeah, can we get back on topic plz??? What was the topic? Hmm, oh yeah, quake live on linux being MIA.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  Yeah, can we get back on topic plz??? What was the topic? Hmm, oh yeah, quake live on linux being MIA.
                  Sorry but:

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                    Sorry but:
                    ROFLMAO! Now where did you find THAT?

Comment

Hehe... this one ends up in my funny collection. One of the few forum-fun-images which are indeed fun :P

Comment

Working...
                      X